Quantcast

intense m1 rear triangle?

dezul43

Monkey
May 15, 2006
san diego
i cracked my 2002 m1 rear triangle and intense doesnt make em anymore. i need a 135mm rear triangle. anyone out there have one? please pm me if so. compensation is in order.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
if you can't get one, risse do a back end that will fit. You'll end up with a none horst link bike but it will save you shelling out for a new frame.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
My buddies have re-welded and gusseted their seatstays in that same place where they all break. No one with a "fixed" seatstay has had any problems. And no one even heat treated it after fixing it. If everything on your rear end is still in good enough shape, talk to a good welder with a TIG set up. They can get it back together.

Intense gave me the run around big time. They didn't seem to have any rear ends in 2005. Have they made some more up since then?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I would think that they could weld up a new rear end if they had to. I don't know why they'd be such a-holes about it. You should be able though to get the crack welded back up and then gusseted to fix. I'd imagine if they would make you a new one they would be something like $250-350. The risse idea might work out as well too.

dezul43

Monkey
May 15, 2006
san diego
i cracked both rear seatstays completely through after have welded one side already.
my m3 is a few weeks away and would like to build back up the m1 for second dh rig.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I'm pretty sure the Azonic rears on their DH bike are near identical to the the M1. Check out Azonic's website or give them a call.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Worse case, Go with a Saint derailer. I'm currently working on machining a 2001 rear so I can add a replaceable hanger. Once I get it purfect, I'm going to machine my bikes hanger down so it will take the replaceable hanger.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Worse case, Go with a Saint derailer. I'm currently working on machining a 2001 rear so I can add a replaceable hanger. Once I get it purfect, I'm going to machine my bikes hanger down so it will take the replaceable hanger.
I tried the Saint with my M1 (2001) and can't see how to make it work with the bushings in the dropouts. The Saint has a tab that sticks into standard dropouts to keep the derailleur from rotating.

Check with Erik at www.balleracing.com, he had someone machine his for a replaceable hanger.

apefeet

Chimp
Aug 25, 2005
upstate new york
i have an unpainted set of chainstays that are near perfect except for a tiny crack on the inside der. hanger on the wheel side of the hanger and outside of the threading. if interested pm me back.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
You'll have to post some pics of it with the new rear end and a review of how it bolts up. I'm interested in this as well. My rear end is fine, but just in case you never know.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
I think I still have a set of seat stays, red with a bent deraillieur hanger that could be 'worked-on' to fit someones needed. I'll let them go for minimal $'s and covering the postage.