Quantcast

Intense M1 Shock Frustration

R3l3ntl3ss

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm truly frustrated with my 03' Intense M1.. I have been to 13 bike shops across Canada and no one wont's to work on the bike or bother trying to mount a shock, because they keep telling me the same story they will not help me because they have to deal with calling Intensecycles and getting no where like I have been doing by trying to contact them. WORST costumer service ever..:wtf:

I'm trying to mount a shock I received for free a 2007 Fox DHX 3.0 but I'm having no luck with finding the right bushings and spacers for it, I have called fox hundreds of times and they say we cant help you, you have to call Intense, so I call Intense and they say call Fox Arrrr....:rant:

Maybe Its just the shock? change the shock out and get something that is easier to get bushings for? Which shocks do any of you recommend? and could you give me the part number for the bushings and spacers if you know off hand I will be extremely great full I haven't road her since I've had her.
But I'm hoping someone on ridemonkey could help me out. :thumb:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Call Competitive Cyclist. They deal with all things Intense.

I thought there were some clearance issues with the DHX's on the M1's?

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
i heard the same incompatibly thing for DHX's and M1

but aside from that...as long as you know the spacing and if it's M6 or M8 bolt, you can use any 1/2" standard mounting hardware. Rockshox(vivid), Marz, Fox, Progressive all use 1/2". available at most big name online outlets...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Yeah, IIRC that shock won't work on the M1 due to clearance issues.

But all you need is standard 1/2" mounting hardware - either M6 or M8 bolt size, then whatever width you need (measure this with calipers if you can't find it online/with Intense or fox).

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Contact avalanche, buy shock, fall asleep, ride. They should at least be able to hook you up with hardware or send you in the right direction.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
5th Elements or Remote piggybacks.
5th Element you can find cheap and Avalanche can update the shock as the original manufacturer does not make the shock anymore. Or stick with the Fox RC if you like it or get Push to update it.

Its not always easy with old frames as most new shocks has changed in design.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
A more expensive alternative, but probably cheaper than an avy... Elka suspension. They make custom hardware for your frame for like $15 extra. Not to mention, they also tune it to your weight, riding ability, and frame.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
manitou swingers and revox will also fit that frame. If you are looking for a 5th to send to avy get the swinger instead. they are better built and have a nicer piston - this was recommended to me by Craig when I was exploring this option. avy can do the exact same thing to a swinger as they can to a 5th only you will have a better shock body.

another option, marzocchi rocco wc might fit. their piggy back drops down low like the 5th and swinger and none of the knobs stick out wider than the piggy back.