Quantcast

intense m9 frame size

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Best bet is to try one,im 5'11 1.82 or wtv that is and on a medium,sometimes I wonder if that extra inch would benefit cause sometimes I feel im over my bars.

id get the large if your actualy 6 up

ucsbMTBmember

Monkey
Nov 20, 2009
A better thing to compare would be your reach. Im 6'1. but my torso and arms are ****in short. so on dh bikes i usually go for a medium. Unless like on my last two bikes they are tiny ass bikes. rode a large round tube turner and a long corsair crown. both were equal to mediums in other brands.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
A friend of mine's 6' and happy on a L. I'm about the same height and it feels good.

freeriding

Monkey
Jun 5, 2011
the large turner has a reach of 409mm.

the large M9 438mmm and the medium 413.

this is why it felt small.

i want a bike that is stable but also chuckable in the twisties.

i don't want to feel cramped, but i also don't want to feel like i am over the bars...

chup29

Chimp
Sep 9, 2009
Ashland
im 5'10" and i ride a large m9. To me it feels perfect but i like a slightly bigger bike, running a 45mm stem on it and pretty much everything in the middle setting except for the HA which i have dropped to 63 before sag, giving me a 13.5bb height. Definitely try one out before you buy it, and kinda ask yourself if you would prefer a slightly larger bike or a smaller bike. For 6 feet tall though, i would definitely go for the large

freeriding

Monkey
Jun 5, 2011
5'10'' and ride a large??????

the large has a reach of 447mm....

don't you feel stretched? in the twisties does it turn good?

chup29

Chimp
Sep 9, 2009
Ashland
i think its all down to personal preference - i like a slightly bigger bike and i kinda muscle it through the twisties with no real problems. so for me, im super comfortable on it. I 'll just run through my cockpit setup real fast, basically its just a 45mm dm stem with renthal 780mm fatbars with my seat run slightly forward of middle on the ibeam, so ive tried to make it smaller by just a little bit, and i have the angleset in there slackening it out to 63 and that brings the bars just a smidge closer too - so yeah - no issues whatsoever haha.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/219672/

only video i have where you can see the bike - its the candy apple green m9 ridden by the hack in front ;)