Quantcast

Intense morals; allegedly

I believe Switzerland ranks #1 for guns per capita. That's what kept Hitler from invading. But they have one of the lowest gun crime rates.

I'm not a gun nut, just the facts.

So....larger population of assholes, more chance of that......

better

On the other hand, I'm sure Jeff was told by his advisors or ceo or whatever that he needed to switch to all carbon. He's not a snake or a con artist. More like an artist trying to make a living. Like Brent Foes. But Brent, I'm pretty sure, still welds all his frames himself. And prides himself on "made in 'murica"

Jeff did too. But Brent stayed small and Jeff grew. I'm guessing he has shareholders and boards of directors and all kinds of people to make happy. Maybe that's why he fired the ceo and took it back. Who knows. I have no info, just sayin.

And all these investors want "growth". They can't stand carving out your market share and rolling along. So it becomes less of an "art" and more of a biz. I'll bet any money Niner was in the same boat.

You get money from people so you can grow, then you are obligated to keep them happy. And maybe you overreach, misjudge the market or just plain get bloated. I really don't know whether to feel good or bad for niner...being bought by Huffy....time will tell

Brent Foes does what the hell he wants. And makes high end camera trolleys for the movie industry on the side. Not to mention used to make bad-ass Baja Trophy trucks. A true old school artist fabricator till the end.

But I can't get him to race either. or Jeff.
The curse of growth...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I believe Switzerland ranks #1 for guns per capita. That's what kept Hitler from invading. But they have one of the lowest gun crime rates.

Sorry, no sympathy for you posting uninformed alternative "facts", and I'm not sure there was any strategic importance for Hitler "invading" Switzerland, they already spoke German and provided a barrier to the South that was pretty much impassable by any conventional Army:

The comparison to Switzerland is irrelevant because:

1) there is a mandatory military for every Swiss male citizen aged between 18 and 34.
2) At the end of said service, there is an option to buy the weapon under certain conditions. I.e: mandatory yearly course, etc.
3) The government allows weapons in personal homes not for self defense but to protect the country.
4) Heavy machine guns and automatic weapons are banned, as are silencers
5) In most cases the buyer needs a weapon acquisition permit, issued by the cantonal police. This will be refused if the applicant has a criminal record, an addiction or a psychiatric problem
6) A special permit is needed to carry a gun in public - and is usually issued only to people who work in security, once they have passed theoretical and practical exams

In 2006, the champion Swiss skier Corrinne Rey-Bellet and her brother were murdered by Corinne's estranged husband, who shot them with his old militia rifle before killing himself.
Since that incident, gun laws concerning army weapons have tightened. Although it is still possible for a former soldier to buy his firearm after he finishes military service, he must provide a justification for keeping the weapon and apply for a permit.

So when **** happens, the government does something which is not the case in the States.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Sorry, no sympathy for you posting uninformed alternative "facts", and I'm not sure there was any strategic importance for Hitler "invading" Switzerland, they already spoke German and provided a barrier to the South that was pretty much impassable by any conventional Army:

The comparison to Switzerland is irrelevant because:

1) there is a mandatory military for every Swiss male citizen aged between 18 and 34.
2) At the end of said service, there is an option to buy the weapon under certain conditions. I.e: mandatory yearly course, etc.
3) The government allows weapons in personal homes not for self defense but to protect the country.
4) Heavy machine guns and automatic weapons are banned, as are silencers
5) In most cases the buyer needs a weapon acquisition permit, issued by the cantonal police. This will be refused if the applicant has a criminal record, an addiction or a psychiatric problem
6) A special permit is needed to carry a gun in public - and is usually issued only to people who work in security, once they have passed theoretical and practical exams

In 2006, the champion Swiss skier Corrinne Rey-Bellet and her brother were murdered by Corinne's estranged husband, who shot them with his old militia rifle before killing himself.
Since that incident, gun laws concerning army weapons have tightened. Although it is still possible for a former soldier to buy his firearm after he finishes military service, he must provide a justification for keeping the weapon and apply for a permit.

So when **** happens, the government does something which is not the case in the States.
Ok, so they are third instead of first in pure "per capita" However, since every american gun owner owns 8 guns on average, compared to 1 for every swiss, logic might assume that a higher percentage of Swiss citizens own guns. I have no statistics for this. And strategic advantage???? I won't go into history, but every country was a strategic advantage. I didn't make up his reluctance to invade. It was a high risk proposition.

INTENSE!!! on the other hand, has the highest percentage of gun named bikes since Tomac.

anonDH

Chimp
Aug 10, 2016

So....larger population of assholes, more chance of that......

better

On the other hand, I'm sure Jeff was told by his advisors or ceo or whatever that he needed to switch to all carbon. He's not a snake or a con artist. More like an artist trying to make a living. Like Brent Foes. But Brent, I'm pretty sure, still welds all his frames himself. And prides himself on "made in 'murica"

Jeff did too. But Brent stayed small and Jeff grew. I'm guessing he has shareholders and boards of directors and all kinds of people to make happy. Maybe that's why he fired the ceo and took it back. Who knows. I have no info, just sayin.

And all these investors want "growth". They can't stand carving out your market share and rolling along. So it becomes less of an "art" and more of a biz. I'll bet any money Niner was in the same boat.

You get money from people so you can grow, then you are obligated to keep them happy. And maybe you overreach, misjudge the market or just plain get bloated. I really don't know whether to feel good or bad for niner...being bought by Huffy....time will tell

Brent Foes does what the hell he wants. And makes high end camera trolleys for the movie industry on the side. Not to mention used to make bad-ass Baja Trophy trucks. A true old school artist fabricator till the end.

But I can't get him to race either. or Jeff.
But isn't it true in Switzerland you can't keep loaded guns and the bullets must be kept in a distant location?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
It's wild reading this here! This happened in Les Crosets which is just above Champery and where we ride bikes and boards. Corinne was a legend around here and it was a very sad story. He also shot her mom but she didn't die. There was also a high speed car chase down the mountain and he got away and hid in the woods in Bex, on the other side of the valley. We ride in Bex as well and were riding while they were searching for him (lasted a few days). We came across a camouflaged sniper and realized it would not be fun to get caught in the middle. How did you know about that?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
you jackasses. we all know that it’s just a cover to merge with ellsworth. and clear salary space to re-sign lopes. it’s so obvious. on-a-mid-fat-E
I assume the target customer base would be a lawyer
"Stiffmaster"

Who couldn't use a little stiffening in their cockpit. Should help with a more upright riding position. It really sucks when you fall out of the groove because of flex in your head shaft.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's wild reading this here! This happened in Les Crosets which is just above Champery and where we ride bikes and boards. Corinne was a legend around here and it was a very sad story. He also shot her mom but she didn't die. There was also a high speed car chase down the mountain and he got away and hid in the woods in Bex, on the other side of the valley. We ride in Bex as well and were riding while they were searching for him (lasted a few days). We came across a camouflaged sniper and realized it would not be fun to get caught in the middle. How did you know about that?

It's kind of like how you live in Champery yet know who Justin Beiber is. It's the worst of humanity that travels the furthest.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Oh yeah the first step in making sure your suppliers get paid is declaring bankrupcy.... hahahha.

I was waiting for Tenner bikes to start up the next day out of the same facility.
ya. I wasn't that hopeful.....(insert the I shoulda inserted a sarcasm emoji here)

Tenner bikes....better trade mark that sucker.

To beat everyone to the punch, I just took it to Elevener and trademarked that.

New standards? YeeeeefuckinHaaa. Eleventy inch wheels, 31.415927 mm bb baby

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
ya. I wasn't that hopeful.....(insert the I shoulda inserted a sarcasm emoji here)

Tenner bikes....better trade mark that sucker.

To beat everyone to the punch, I just took it to Elevener and trademarked that.

New standards? YeeeeefuckinHaaa. Eleventy inch wheels, 31.415927 mm bb baby
someone's drunk posting....

:D