Quantcast

Intense now at Costco!!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Lol I've been at work with multiple fractures, it doesn't mean I'd be fine to race World Championship DH - especially if me going cost some uninjured rider a spot.
I podiumed strength elite several times and 1 of them I finished course with a ripped calf muscle..another time broke my wrist on a lift still got 2nd in strength...they happened during and when it's on I'll cut my own leg off to win...but going in if I'm questioning a injury and can't modify the movement path to remedy it I'll let others battle...
Completely agree with this...let another have their chance and don't crush your numbers and run risk of longer down time...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Paint job aside, I don't think that bike looks bad.
From a design point of view, the bend in both top and down tubes makes the bike look like it broke in half. Further, that the seat stays and the top tube do not have at least the same angle, better form one line, is a no-no for me.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I don't think it looks bad. Maybe it's because of the funky 'prototype' decals they put on their test bikes, but it looks like it's part of the newer generation of Intense bikes like the M29. I just hope they've kept up with the geometry trends with this one. I feel like every time they release a new enduro bike, it's already out-dated: long rear ends, slack seat tube, short reaches.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I'm waiting for Costco to sell the Intense ebikes....

:D

To be fair, looks like Costco is $350 cheaper?

In a time where parts and logistics are on super delay (I'm still waiting for a new Commencal order placed back in March), Intense has enough inventory to sell to Costco?!?!? Riddle me that.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I mean... they kinda look like almost every "long-travel" Santa Cruz and SpecialEd... so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nobody said they look good, or? :D

See here with the Last: seat stays and top tube form a line. The Intense's are not even parallel (Santa Cruz aren't as well, but to a lesser extend), which is accentuated by the bend in the top tube and the seat tube gusset thingy.

In the old days the Tracer did not have this design flaw.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Nobody said they look good, or? :D

See here with the Last: seat stays and top tube form a line. The Intense's are not even parallel (Santa Cruz aren't as well, but to a lesser extend), which is accentuated by the bend in the top tube and the seat tube gusset thingy.

In the old days the Tracer did not have this design flaw.

I'd say that:

But Intense is selling bikes at Costco... so maybe? :D