Quantcast

Intense or DK or Diamondback?

Bog Dogs

Chimp
Jul 20, 2010
Grove City, FL, USA
I'm new to BMX and will be racing cruiser class next year but I need a bike on a limited budget. Here are my choices so far...

2010 Intense Race Pro 24"

2011 Diamondback Nitrous 24"

2011 DK Sentry 24"

I'm 5'9" 160 pds - This bike will be raced a lot. Perhaps all over the country. It will leave the ground but my jumping is at the beginner level.

Which one should I choose and why?

Thanks for the help.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I'm new to BMX and will be racing cruiser class next year but I need a bike on a limited budget. Here are my choices so far...

2010 Intense Race Pro 24"

2011 Diamondback Nitrous 24"

2011 DK Sentry 24"

I'm 5'9" 160 pds - This bike will be raced a lot. Perhaps all over the country. It will leave the ground but my jumping is at the beginner level.

Which one should I choose and why?

Thanks for the help.
Probably the Intense. I would say it's slightly better quality than the other two (although they're really pretty similar). Plus, Intense would be perceived as more of a mid-range bike with better re-sale value.

JR Bicycles https://www.jrbicycles.com/storefront/ is probably the best webstore for bmx racing.

Bog Dogs

Chimp
Jul 20, 2010
Grove City, FL, USA
I have a bike shop checking into a second hand Haro Pro 24 but if it doesn't work out, the Intense does seem like the best bike for racing.

A friend of mine said it was like choosing between an Aston Martin, a Kia or a Hyundai. The Intense being the Aston Martin.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I might have found a deal. A 2002 Free Agent Ambush 24" for $100. It would save me enough money to upgrade parts when the need arises.

Thoughts?
if everything is in good condition (check for bent fork, wheels roll straight, etc etc) you can't beat $100. these days, two new tires can cost you $70.