Quantcast

Intense remake m1 prototype now to production

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So it will have an odd Leverage curve and crack to pieces?
-DESIGNED WITH ZERO PEDAL KICKBACK, ELIMINATING THE NEED FOR O-CHAIN™

At least there's one other sentient being that realizes that the M1 moniker ain't exactly a selling point.

The M1's leverage curve was the only thing good about them though to be fair. They didn't get stupid until the vpp shit.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Shit now, come on .the Socom was code for 'soda can"...only frame that made the boxxer 32mm feels stiff ..

I would still run one.
I've cracked last 3 so I'm on a roll. Always near shock mounts on reinforced area...except 951 that was a gash through rear triangle on bottom side...but other frames have cracked as well ..

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I donno I'm pretty dumb as fuck too, I've been riding a 951 evo and enjoying it, its a pretty fun bike tbh.

But I weigh 170 and ride like an old lady now so I guess its not that surprising that it hasn't broken for me.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I donno I'm pretty dumb as fuck too, I've been riding a 951 evo and enjoying it, its a pretty fun bike tbh.

But I weigh 170 and ride like an old lady now so I guess its not that surprising that it hasn't broken for me.
I appreciate the 951s. Until then I might have believed that there's no such thing as "too progressive" of a leverage ratio. One that makes setting any sort of reasonable sag completely incompatible with actual riding conditions on it 10 minutes later.

The 951 proved me wrong. Truly an engineering masterpiece.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
what's wrong with you?
Come on woo...shit breaks, at my weight I just find it alot easier than most...

Well it does look like the old rear catalog set up that even canyon torque had back in the day a bit...but sure it's been improved upon...as far as structural integrity , that's always been a ?able area on intense.....

And evo was better than original 951...the first one even I couldn't get it to bottom...close, but it held it own

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
...but sure it's been improved upon...as far as structural integrity , that's always been a ?able area on intense.....
Oh for sure, no question. Definitely improved now that they're making ebikes and have ryan fucking dungey making decisions on store bought bikes as they source intense stickers.

Look I know when you live in southern california you have a literal gene in your DNA that makes you like intense bikes. The same general code can be found in the colorado population with yeti's, norcalers with santa cruz and old weird east coasters with frank the welder. You can't help it. It's like the migratory patterns of birds. It's just there. I don't hold it against you. I know your people are helpless to resist because it's just who you are.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Oh for sure, no question. Definitely improved now that they're making ebikes and have ryan fucking dungey making decisions on store bought bikes as they source intense stickers.

Look I know when you live in southern california you have a literal gene in your DNA that makes you like intense bikes. The same general code can be found in the colorado population with yeti's, norcalers with santa cruz and old weird east coasters with frank the welder. You can't help it. It's like the migratory patterns of birds. It's just there. I don't hold it against you. I know your people are helpless to resist because it's just who you are.
Lmao....that's the shit that makes me appreciate you...

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Isn't it odd the coil is in the linear hole on the linkage?
You would think the progressive setting would be for coil
And the linear setting for air

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I appreciate the 951s. Until then I might have believed that there's no such thing as "too progressive" of a leverage ratio. One that makes setting any sort of reasonable sag completely incompatible with actual riding conditions on it 10 minutes later.

I tried to goggle the leverage curve so I could have a laugh and the first suggestion when I got as far as typing "intense 951" was "intense 951 gravel".

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I'll hold my ground and say id love to get some time on one, I'm curious as to the links and rearward with idler how it handles...I liked the looks of the prototypes and curious to how it handles...

But Raw or Matte Black...

Not a fan that they called it an m1, and agree the names need to mix it up a bit...

I have Santa Cruz's in garage along with Trek, YT, specialized and had a ton of different rides...some I hated some I loved some I never admitted to having lol...not a fan boy but I loved the way the m9 ripped.....and the 951 evo was fun to go jump and good off on, more jib style...
Each had a place for sure and weaknesses and well as strengths...

And yes I already picked out where I think it'll crack ..

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
by what mechanism do you explain Brian and Karpiel

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
That's pretty wild looking...had a nicolai back in the day, like a damn swiss army knife...didn't get as much time on it as i wanted...
Yeah it's a mini mullet too for extra wheel strength.
They had some pretty wild looking frames, God knows why you needed to be able to mount a shock in 20 different positions.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
There needs to be an intervention at bullcrew's place.
Buy a Nicolai G18 Hammer- "Built for Huge Air, Big Style and Heavy Impact."
Five year warranty, better than mm perfect rear wheel alignment and its welded by someone with eyes.
That's pretty wild looking...had a nicolai back in the day, like a damn swiss army knife...didn't get as much time on it as i wanted...

Yous guys do realize it is a 276 Mullet?

Wheelset
Reverse Components - Black One 27,5/26" BOOST
Front tire
Maxxis Minion DHR II 3C MaxxGrip Downhill WT TR 27,5"
Rear tire
Maxxis Minion DHR II MaxxPro Downhill 26"

Fucking sniped. :disgust:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007

You're just jealous that I'll break a rim on impact before the bike bottoms out bro.

Actually with minimal air pressure in the bottom out chamber of my rc4 it feels decent. Bike is pretty well glued to the ground and feels ultra smooth, which is great for me.

I'd probably complain about it and shake my fist at the clouds more if I was spending any time on jumps though, the bike either rides abominably and jumps well or rides well and jumps abominably as far as I can tell.