Quantcast

Intense Soccom. A season later...

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
So i'm in the market for a new rig, have a soft spot for the soccom.

I'd like to hear from some owners regarding durability and performence of there frame.

Happy with it, hows pivot maintence stuff like that.

Basically whats the verdict now a season later.

Eurotrash

Monkey
Mar 2, 2002
After a season on mine, everything is fine.
Only one pivot bolt came loose and only once.
The paint on mine is very thin and tends to get damaged easily.
Apart from that it's been great!

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
Could someone clarify something for me, is there a warranty on fro frames.

On the chairlifts this summer i heard many times, ohh there is no warranty, but on intense's site in the faq's it says all frames have a 2 year warranty.

Also hows intense's crash replacement pricing?

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
I don't know about the Soccom but I've heard nothing but good about the Socom. Sweet bike. Nice mishmash of parts. That FRO stuff is just Intense covering their ass.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
It does have the standard 2-year warranty, but the other FROs don't from my understanding.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i love my socom and have no complaints. the fro warranty is for 2 years .the warranty covers the normal things . the pivot maintance, i have had no problems i think the bolt came loose one time . as far as the paint job goes , it's a dh bike it's not meant to be pretty of course it's going to have normal wear and tear. i have a gloss black frame and i would recommend the finished look, but it's your decision.i hope i offered some insight to your decision . the socom is a great racing frame .

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
nice one. I could never figure out why the socom and the m3 have the same bb height surely the socom is gonna be run with the same amount of sag % but seen as its shorter travell the resulting bb height will be higher than an m3. Thats a pretty cool frame mod

croute

Chimp
Jul 7, 2006
fait gaf ton derailleur est desséré
au fait merci pour les douilles ca va nickel
situ veut tu est le bien venu sur le forum de bigbike
merci crou
sorry for disturbing

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
I love mine too and i have no problem. i just change the géometry for slacker angle and lower BB.

with this, it come to 65.5° and 13.6"

wow, how much did that cost you? and any weight differences? also, do you feel more flex or anything weird? that's a really nice frame mod you did, congrats, I always thought it should be done, it's the easiest way to slacken the head angle and lower the bb, I guees with the m6 you'll need it to have less angle and a higher bb :imstupid:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive only had mine a month, but its been the best bike Ive owned. I love it. Ive hit a few smooth drops with it, done a few XC rides with it, and it corners and jumps so well I cant beleive it. The Roco is plush.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
In two weeks, i can ship the five first models, 135 or 150mm ;)

the 150mm will be OK wednesday, i send the picture yet.
That's an awesome piece. Very simple way of doing it.

My only complaint, is it possible for you to machine it out of 1 piece?