Quantcast

intense SS with custom colored links

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
So the bike is done now, bike has all ti and alum bolts throughout. Links were custom ano aswell as shock hardware. Cable and brake lines are heat shrunk, will probaly do some cutom colored stuf before sea otter. Will be doing back plate for e-13 and ring red and disc adapters, shifter lever and mount.

Got the shock redone aswell

Fork Dust cap

Brake lines are heat shrunk for looks and wear

Rear dropouts

xtr cranks and e-13 guide red white

shifter

seat and sdg post red

side view of bike

aslo did brake adpaters talus adj on fork and front brake lever mount. have sdg carbon post and white i fly seat for back up and industry nine wheels in red with 2.5 high rollers for back up untill my dh bike gets hear. she weigh 30.2 pounds right know

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
That looks awesome. I'm glad to see someone do it, I've been doing some drawings of my Socom recently and contemplating getting the links anodized. Glad to see it looks even better than the drawings.

What did you have to do to get the fork painted? Did they clean the old paint off first or just spray over the old?

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
The fork was easy i was going to powder cout the lowers but i just took ot a part and wet sanded it and then sprayed it with a couple of couats of krylon and then 4 coats of clear

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
As far as the LG-1 bolts go, I was looking through a magazine and saw Sam Hill's lower bolts were anodized, but the uppers were stock just like yours. Any reason you didn't swap those bolts too?

Tell us about the heat shrink cable wrap? Just for looks? I'd never seen heat shrink for sale in pieces that long. What are you using to attach your cables to the frame? I tried those clips that came with it at first but they hand a tendency to pop off.

Anyways, love the bike, it's almost exactly how I've been wanting to flair up my Socom.

here's mine except for the obvious lack of chainguide, 823 rims, and different pedals than in the pic.

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
As far as the LG-1 bolts go, I was looking through a magazine and saw Sam Hill's lower bolts were anodized, but the uppers were stock just like yours. Any reason you didn't swap those bolts too?

Tell us about the heat shrink cable wrap? Just for looks? I'd never seen heat shrink for sale in pieces that long. What are you using to attach your cables to the frame? I tried those clips that came with it at first but they hand a tendency to pop off.

Anyways, love the bike, it's almost exactly how I've been wanting to flair up my Socom.
the top bolts are ti in the e-13 it is reely hard to find alum bolts in that size. you can get heat shrink from cableorganizers.com in long lengths. i am using the plastic cable clips they fit snug with the heat shrink they should not come off. As for the seat it is just recovered with red bandana it will probaly tear easy but i am going to do another with more durable material. I also have red industry nine wheels with black mavic ex 529 rims for this and the dh bike wch will be a m6 with same color combo and white fox 40. this will be the race bike for see otter

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
hey i was just wondering what the process was to get the links anodized, because they come already ano black from intense. (I have an m3, was considering this)
I heard its a real pain in the a$$ to strip off the anodizing, so how did you do it?

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
hey i was just wondering what the process was to get the links anodized, because they come already ano black from intense. (I have an m3, was considering this)
I heard its a real pain in the a$$ to strip off the anodizing, so how did you do it?
It was not that bad we are starting to offer this through our bike shop as an upgrade on santa cruz and intense bikes. We charge $250 dollars with shipping to and from the anodizer and labor to do it for our customers. we can get them done in red, blk, gold, blue, green and clear. And they can be pre anod first they just strip it.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
too cheap to buy a vasectomy?

bike looks sweet, just bloody uncomfortable if you accidently sit down.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Pimp-tastic!

As was said before - nice detail work. The paisley bandanna as a seat cover is very cool as is the ano work on the DHX and the links...

Good work man!

:biggrin:

dap

Chimp
Jul 25, 2006
Central, NY
So the bike is done now, bike has all ti and alum bolts throughout. Links were custom ano aswell as shock hardware. Cable and brake lines are heat shrunk, will probaly do some cutom colored stuf before sea otter. Will be doing back plate for e-13 and ring red and disc adapters, shifter lever and mount.

aslo did brake adpaters talus adj on fork and front brake lever mount. have sdg carbon post and white i fly seat for back up and industry nine wheels in red with 2.5 high rollers for back up untill my dh bike gets hear. she weigh 30.2 pounds right know
You also did an M6 with the same style right? At least I seen one that looks like your work...

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
Ridiculous! and not in a bad way...cant believe the amount of work done to this, as well as the spec of it! 30.2 is insane weight, i have to say I would be scared of breaking that and i only weigh 68kg...but anyway nice work. how does it ride?

pottsy465

Chimp
Nov 30, 2013
Hi mate. i know this was posted in 2007 but i really need help. Where did you buy the bottom linkage , i cant find them anywhere