Quantcast

Intense Tazer FS info.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
I've gone seriously cross eyed from searching, looking for some help. Can anyone point me in the direction of a geo chart for an old Tazer FS, looking to buy one and the guy hasn't got back to me with measurements yet. Anything to look out for with these things? She's fairly old but I've heard they are sweet rides so think I'll take the risk on it!

Cheers for any help, Mike.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
How old is it? I was told to stay away from the early ones that had a little post above the bottom bracket to mount a front derailleur. I looked at them a few years ago and talked to a rep at Intense and that was his advice. Apparently those are not as strong as the later models and that is an easy way to tell them apart since they removed that post on later models.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
You are talking about the FSR style Tazer, or?

These are measurements from a test in MBA in 03:

Frame: small, 16"
HA: 68° or 70°
TT: 23"
standover: 28"
wheelbase: 41,5" or 42,25"
chainstay 16,25" or 16,75"
BB: 12,25"
fork: Fox Talas RLC at 4"
rear wheel travel: 3,5" or 4,5"

The frame has a lot of adjustments. However, the chainstays had the tendency to break if run in the 4" mode, I think mainly the older model. Be aware of the fact that Intense has hardly any spares for the bike. Make sure the frame has the replaceable derailleur hanger dropouts (=newer model). I wouldn't buy it if it is already pretty beaten up, but if it is a good deal and looks decent I would say go for it.