Quantcast

Intense uzzi vpx

Felipe_bika

Chimp
Aug 2, 2009
Hi,I will be buy an intense uzzi vpx 2008 small,and I pretend to use in this frame a marzocchi 888 2008.It will be god geometry for dh?I have 64'
Thx

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
Not sure what the last sentence means... 64'?

Anyway, I'd have to say no. Your bottom bracket will be around 15" and the bike won't corner very well. This isn't good for going fast.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
will you be using the 'slackerizing' dropouts that became available this year? even with those dropouts, the BB height will be higher than ideal, but if you use tires that don't have tall sidewalls it could work ok. The HA still won't be nearly as slack as modern DH rigs.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
you will be fine.
i raced on my Uzzi VPX with a Fox 36 and Fox 40. the bike does have a higher BB since its not a true DH bike, but it was still more than capable of hanging in

Jonnie

Chimp
Feb 10, 2008
ze alps
I was riding the VPX for over a year. Especially when going really fast, it was not very nice. The rear was very nervous and did jump a lot, even when hitting only small bumps. And right... cornering was awfull under high speed. I was loosing grip a lot too in fast long curves.

Now I have built it up for rather steep and rocky singletrails - here the geometry is perfect.
For dh, I have a Scott Gambler now - You can push the weight to 17,5kg without any problems. Love it.

cheers
jonnie

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Better DH bikes out there than VPX. BB is really high, something like 14.7" if I remember correctly. Relatively steep HA like 67/68. Relatively short WB. High standover height. But it climbs really well, better than most bikes of this size/travel. Not so good for DH in general, as I always felt like I was so high up, even with the seat all the way down.

PS The new slacker dropouts help a little, but compared to something like 951, no brainer which one is better for DH.

Last edited:

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
I was riding the VPX for over a year. Especially when going really fast, it was not very nice. The rear was very nervous and did jump a lot, even when hitting only small bumps. And right... cornering was awfull under high speed. I was loosing grip a lot too in fast long curves.

Now I have built it up for rather steep and rocky singletrails - here the geometry is perfect.
For dh, I have a Scott Gambler now - You can push the weight to 17,5kg without any problems. Love it.

cheers
jonnie
I agree 100%. Mine had a Boxxer, wasn't very stable at speed, cornered poorly and took whichever line it found most convenient. It was good for steep, fall line technical riding, rollers and rocky stuff though... Overall I don't like the geometry anymore, the leverage rates are wacky (falling rate for half the stroke, then rising for the last half), and the rear triangle would be stiffer if you carved it out of a block of cheddar. On the plus side, it was a massive improvement over my Giant AC, which almost formed a black hole it sucked so hard.

I tried to like the vpx, got the slacker dropouts, but my new bike ended up being so much better I sold it.

I got a Trek Remedy, I'm way faster on most trails on that bike. It can't plow like the vpx, but everything else is better. I'm looking at a Session for dh.