Quantcast

Intense!!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Well, the Brown Santa showed up a little early this year. After some research and test riding, I finally decided on a frame to build upon. The Intense 6.6!!! It arrived yesterday afternoon and was built up soon after that. It took a lot of restraint to take my time building it, I was so looking forward to that first ride. My first ride was on the street, it was sweet although a little soft in the suspension .. after setting the shock and fork up properly it was much much better. its a great riding bike. Now I just need to play with the front end a little, possibly lower the height. we shall see either way I am very happy with my purchase!!! anyone care to test ride???
oh yeah.. I think if its half way decent out tommorrow im gonna have to test it out on the trail!!! I suddenly feel sick!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I debated calling in sick to work today to go riding but obviously I'm here.

Then I started thinking about MBW..... man that was a good time.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Dude, nice bike!

What are you doing with the S.C?
im not too sure yet.. I think keeping it.. to many memories!!!
I convinced my wife this will be the last one for a long long time.. My heckler was so outdated.. i got it the 2nd year they came out. I figured I should get a new bike now while i still can. My LBS opened up an Intense account and gave me a killer deal on the frame .. and great discounts on anything she had in stock. It was something i couldnt pass up.. I know you all understand

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
I debated calling in sick to work today to go riding but obviously I'm here.

Then I started thinking about MBW..... man that was a good time.
me too.. we need to get together more frequently.. esp over there!!!! I m waiting not so patiently for spring!!!!i had a great weekend with all of you

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
yea... I think about that riding a lot - was trying to get in a trip down there this fall, but it didn't work out.
Yeah I rode Tamaqua Labor day weekend but it just wasnt' the same without all you guys.
No swarm of RM jerseys, No case of beer waiting...

I'll tell you, I've had some good beers in my life but coming up the hill to see you guys waiting with a case of beer, brought a tear to my eye.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
im not too sure yet.. I think keeping it.. to many memories!!!
I convinced my wife this will be the last one for a long long time.. My heckler was so outdated.. i got it the 2nd year they came out. I figured I should get a new bike now while i still can. My LBS opened up an Intense account and gave me a killer deal on the frame .. and great discounts on anything she had in stock. It was something i couldnt pass up.. I know you all understand
Ya dont' have to convince me!!
What are you going to ride Mtn Creek with now since you dont' have your 7point?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
me too.. we need to get together more frequently.. esp over there!!!! I m waiting not so patiently for spring!!!!i had a great weekend with all of you
I was thinking maybe in mid/late winter we could meet you and your wife for a show in NYC.
I could see if Ray and Devon would like to come as well.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I'll tell you, I've had some good beers in my life but coming up the hill to see you guys waiting with a case of beer, brought a tear to my eye.
It doesn't get any better than that. Ride off the trail after a great ride to see a case of Lager waiting for you.

:drool:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
I was thinking maybe in mid/late winter we could meet you and your wife for a show in NYC.
I could see if Ray and Devon would like to come as well.
that would be great.. or at least dinner or something!!!!
i usually go into manhattan the week after xmas.. just to see all the store fronts, the tree, etc . maybe we can meet up then grab some dinner..

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Hooples,

The bike looks great, but look don't look so hot. I think calling in is probably a good idea.

And another :thumb: for MBW. I need to get back up there. Maybe in the spring.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
peter6061 said:
Hooples,

The bike looks great, but look don't look so hot. I think calling in is probably a good idea.

And another :thumb: for MBW. I need to get back up there. Maybe in the spring.
my sneezing and coughing is already in effect!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Nice ride hoops! We definitely need to get some rides in next year. Any word on where the "new" MBW is going to be?
I've been checking weekly on their site. Usually the invites for MBW go out in Feb if I remember correctly so I'm kind of hoping we'll hear by then.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Echo said:
Nice ride hoops! We definitely need to get some rides in next year. Any word on where the "new" MBW is going to be?
thanks!!!!!
nope no word just yet, but i dont plan on hearing anything until the start of summer... if nothing ever does happem we need to just plan a date and go!!! hopefully they will still have that church breakfast that weekend!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
thanks!!!!!
nope no word just yet, but i dont plan on hearing anything until the start of summer... if nothing ever does happem we need to just plan a date and go!!! hopefully they will still have that church breakfast that weekend!!
F'ing :drool: x11ty billion...

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I didn't think they got that shot.

What a pain that was waiting for the damn plane to fly by. Then it was the wrong plane, then the right one, then it missed us, then it hadn't come yet. Screw that, we left.

And now it turns out they got the shot anyway. Very cool.

I had never seen it. Thanks.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
you know we are in that pic... that one was taken before we all left...
I can see your RED shirt. I remember having a sippy cup full of SoDuh with me.

J

JRB

Nice bike, but be careful. There can't be many trees those bars will fit under. :D Holy tall stack height.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
loco said:
Nice bike, but be careful. There can't be many trees those bars will fit under. :D Holy tall stack height.
yeah i know.. i didnt want to cut the steerer just yet, until the suspension is dialed in... its gonna be about 1 1/2 lower