Quantcast

Intense

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Come on with the warranty work already. You've had my bike for 3 months. School just ended and I'm ready to move back home and ride this summer.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Come on with the warranty work already. You've had my bike for 3 months. School just ended and I'm ready to move back home and ride this summer.
Took a teammate of mine 3-4 months or so during the middle of the year for warranty since his frame was mis-aligned by >0.5". Good luck but I wouldn't hold my breath.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Took a teammate of mine 3-4 months or so during the middle of the year for warranty since his frame was mis-aligned by >0.5". Good luck but I wouldn't hold my breath.
According to the third hand info that I've been getting, it's been waiting to get repainted since the middle of March.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
According to the third hand info that I've been getting, it's been waiting to get repainted since the middle of March.
Haha, I have to laugh because his repaired frame was supposed to be painted. When it finally did show up it wasn't. Like I said good luck. I would start twisting arms if I were you and you had a valid warranty claim. People are a bit sheeple and complacent when it comes to this industry. Riding is too much fun to deal with the stuff your dealing with.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
I feel your pain. I sent my SS in for a simple ISCG tab fix almost two months ago. The worst part is I could of just run a bb mount chain guide and not even worried about it. Plus its a works finish so I don't need to wait for them to paint it. At the moment I'm just hoping that I'll see the frame by the end of the month, but I'm not holding my breath.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
well what happend to your intense ? details would be a plus , like what frame etc. if it's the m6 i think it's going to be awhile before you get it back.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Well, I would be on the phone trying to hunt down my frame, not talking about it on the internet. But that's just me.
I've been in constant contact with the shop since about mid march and have e-mailed intense.

I wouldn't have started a thread to call them out on it unless I thought it could help. I've been trying not to be a pest and just let them get their work done, but now its summertime and I want my bike back.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
^^^^ Oh you're going through a shop? hm. I'd say it be worth giving Intense a call directly. It would help if you have a claim #, and also the s/n from the frame. That might help get the ball rolling.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I'll call the shop tomorrow to get the claim number and give them a call. I'll be surprised if they talk to me about it. Chad stopped responding to my e-mails once I brought up my bike being in for warranty.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Well I talked to the guys at the shop helping me out and they told me they've been in contact with Intense weekly. I don't want to be a pain in the a$$ and call them when my shop is already doing that for me. The good news is some one else's warranty came in this week and the shop said their hoping to see the bike by the end of the month; here's hoping they're right.

I'm really stoked to get back on that bike. I only got a couple rides before I sent it back, so it was kind of like some cruel joke, as the bike absolutely rocks.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Heh... end of the month would be a no go for me.

It really needs to be shipped by the end of this week. I already missed having my bike for my Moab trip during Spring Break. I'll be damned if this bull**** causes me to miss some Summer trips.

I'm really stoked to get back on that bike. I only got a couple rides before I sent it back, so it was kind of like some cruel joke, as the bike absolutely rocks.
Same here, they make the most awesome bikes... it's just difficult to ride when the bikes 4,000 miles away.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
the funny thing is.....people just keep buying them despite the crappy service, weak frames, etc......i guess the marketing is just too strong....cool looking bike, cool name, so who cares if it works or will be backed up by a real warranty.....it's only 3 G's anyway

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
What's going on with the tabs anyway?
Well I can't speak for others but I just popped the weld on the top tab. It caused the chainguide to mount unevenly and I was getting rubbing between the guide and cranks. The top tab is only tacked on in one spot so its pretty easy to break. I won't blame Intense for a weak tab cause in their defense there's really no room for a good solid weld on that tab. The rest of the ISCG tab assembly is welded really well and I doubt one would be able to just snap it. Hopefully in the future they'll develop a better BB and ISCG assembly, course that will probably add weight and cost.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Well I can't speak for others but I just popped the weld on the top tab. It caused the chainguide to mount unevenly and I was getting rubbing between the guide and cranks. The top tab is only tacked on in one spot so its pretty easy to break. I won't blame Intense for a weak tab cause in their defense there's really no room for a good solid weld on that tab. The rest of the ISCG tab assembly is welded really well and I doubt one would be able to just snap it. Hopefully in the future they'll develop a better BB and ISCG assembly, course that will probably add weight and cost.
Same thing happened to me. The real problem in my opinion though is that the tabs need to be rotated more. I had my e.13 guide rotated all the way clockwise in the slots and even then, that wasn't really enough.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I talked to the shop today and Intense is either waiting to get the bike back from the painter or some other final cosmetics. Here's to hoping it doesn't take several weeks to apply some stickers.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Basically what I heard last, which was two weeks ago is that it was already at the painters or done with the painter and they just hadn't picked it up to put stickers on it. I'd be fine with raw if they would just ship it back this week.

Snowshoe is at the end of June and if I don't get the bike back a few weeks before that to get it built back up and some ride time on it, I'm going to be ...no lie, really ****ing pissed and probably wouldn't buy another Intense. At 21 and already having had 4 Intense bikes, it would be a shame to lose a future lifetime customer who has always thought so highly of their bikes because they are living up to the California flake stereotype.

Ironically, the same thing happened this time last year when I finally got the bike without the rear axle that, oh wait, is required to bolt the rear wheel on with. How about all bike makers start omitting bolts and offer them as bonus optional equipment? ... Because it is a TERRIBLE idea! Especially when previous Intense bikes came with all of the necessary bolts and washers. I didn't get the rear axle until 2 days before I left for Snowshoe.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I finally decided to call Intense directly to see what the deal was since the shop was taking forever and I never really knew what exactly was going on. Unfortunately I still don't. They didn't really know what the status of my bike was either, but said that they would call back by tomorrow morning. Hopefully they call before noon central time, but I'm fully expecting that to not happen.

4 months is a ridiculous amount of time to repair a bike. It shouldn't take nearly that long... maybe a month tops, including shipping time. That would be an acceptable, but not great turnaround time.

I've had a trip planned to Whiteface for opening week (June 20) and the first Snowshoe race of the season for a few months now and I'll be irate if I have to cancel that.

Regular ground shipping from California to Alabama is usually 7 business days, I leave for Whiteface June 20th, I need the bike at least a day, preferably more,before that to get it built back up and give it a test ride to check everything, and 2 of those days are weekends.

INTENSE, there are no excuses or delays anymore. They don't make anything better, it's just bull**** after a certain amount of time. Get a medium white Socom frame shipped out the door tomorrow or foot the bill for express shipping.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Ask to talk to the owner or manager. Then go full metal bat **** if they give you the run around.

All of this is scaring me off of getting a 6.6 SS...

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I finally received some good news today. Something had happened with the paperwork for my current frame that they have and I think that's what caused it to get lost for so long. In addition there was something mentioned about the powder coaters and the likelihood of getting my frame shipped back to me for my trip in 10 days was probably not going to happen. They didn't have any medium white Socom frames, but did have a raw finished frame that could be shipped to me before my trip and agreed to let me ship it back to them later to have it painted... I might wait until I know that I won't be riding the bike for a few months though. Great, so as long as that frame gets in the mail I should be able to go. I'll have to see the tracking number before I truly believe it, but overall I'm feeling positive that I will see my bike back next week. Still a ridiculously long amount of time to repair a bike, but they seem to be doing everything that they can to alleviate the situation before the **** hits the fan.

mr intense

Chimp
Apr 3, 2008
????, I need to patrol these forums more as I am horrified when I read some of these issues with customer service.I will not go into the excuse paragraph here but instead will make this a priority when I get to the shop in the morning and make sure you get your frame in time for your trip and look into why this can happen.
Just so you know we do listen I will be making future Socom & SS with the machined in ISCG 05 spec BB just like the M6, so no more broken tabs.
We are working really hard to be a top quality fully U.S. made brand , I promise you we will.
Sorry for the bad service, JS

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
????, I need to patrol these forums more as I am horrified when I read some of these issues with customer service.I will not go into the excuse paragraph here but instead will make this a priority when I get to the shop in the morning and make sure you get your frame in time for your trip and look into why this can happen.
Just so you know we do listen I will be making future Socom & SS with the machined in ISCG 05 spec BB just like the M6, so no more broken tabs.
We are working really hard to be a top quality fully U.S. made brand , I promise you we will.

Bravo !!:clapping:

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Thanks Jeff.

CoyoteRun

Chimp
May 29, 2008
SF, CA
:rockout:

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in the shop tomorrow,

it is awesome you posted here personally, well done and welcome to the board

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
That's pretty damn cool, and just got my previously unnamed "bike jar" named the "Intense 6.6 SS for Fatty" Jar.

It sucks on ice that they made you wait this long, but hopefully they will make this right. A lot of other companies would have just talked **** behind your back and tried to make this your fault, but Intense collectively manned up, and that I can respect.