Quantcast

Intense

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
If I missed 4 months of ride time to repair some ISCG tabs when I could have
thrown a 2 cent adaptor on there, I would punch myself in the wedding tackle repeatedly as to make sure I never did anything that stupid again.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm guessing a little birdie named Stik is probably the guy you want to thank for Steber popping up and helping you personally.

Anyway, FYI to individuals who have US made high end DH frames from companies like Intense and Turner. Don't trust your local bike shop to deal with them and expect a quick resolution. There are plenty of guys on here who can attest that bike shops are the WORST at expediting a warranty claim on anything.

And when it comes to custom companies like Jeff Steber and Dave Turner own, they back their bikes as much as they can within warranty, often times even out of warranty. If you're getting a "month's long delay" that doesn't have to do with getting a specific color treatment, you can bet your local $8.00 hr shop employee is just as big a flake as the dude at Mickey D's serving you a burger with thousand island dressing.

Just because some dude at your bike shop likes to tinker with bike parts on the weekend doesn't mean he's has a clue when it comes to dealing with multiple syllable words like warranty and expidited.

this is not to say there aren't some awesome bike shop employees out there. :D

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Not going to lie, the way Intense has dealt personally with these two issues that have come up are very impressive. No holier then thou attitude, no "we're intense suck my balls" bull, just get it taken care of. Thats very impressive customer service.

Jun 10, 2008
Minnesota
Not going to lie, the way Intense has dealt personally with these two issues that have come up are very impressive. No holier then thou attitude, no "we're intense suck my balls" bull, just get it taken care of. Thats very impressive customer service.
this is the advantage of buying from smaller companies like intense and transition bikes in theory. Smaller companies can gain alot of advantages by providing great customer service so they can build a brand.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I just want to add that Steber and company gave me my first DH sponsorship way back in the day and it was an awesome time for me. I went to Nationals in Expert and he'd be there with his whole team personally wrenching on bikes. He'd drop whatever he was doing and start wrenching on my bike, asking me about the bike, offering any and all help the guy could muster. Phone calls were sometimes answered by Jeff himself and it was an awesome experience. I think I have to credit that guy & Greg (at Turner now, but with Intense back then) with a part of my obsession with DH. If I'd bought anything else, I might not have looked forward to the growing pains nearly as much. :thumb:

Butch

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I just received a call from Jake to let me know that they found a white frame to send me and that it will be shipped out today with 3 day air so I might have it for a ride this weekend!

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Also, thanks to anyone who brought this thread to the attention of Jeff and others at Intense and I'm glad that it was all able to be taken care of within a few days once they found out. This has been a lesson in how to deal with these kind of situations as well and hopefully I haven't come across as the type of person to jump at the situation to flame a company on a public forum as I waited patiently for a few months until I finished school until getting irritated.

mr intense

Chimp
Apr 3, 2008
I realize that I need to spend more time on these forums as they are a valueable sounding board for our customers and future customers.
I tend to focus on developing the latestest and greatest next thing from Intense , I need to work on balancing my time better.By the way nobody informed me of this thread I just happened to be checking it out last night as I just finally got DSL at my house.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I realize that I need to spend more time on these forums as they are a valueable sounding board for our customers and future customers.
I tend to focus on developing the latestest and greatest next thing from Intense , I need to work on balancing my time better.By the way nobody informed me of this thread I just happened to be checking it out last night as I just finally got DSL at my house.
ummm...Jeff, let me be the first to say I hope you stay off the internet and spend more time riding. Our forums will drive you insane.:disgust1:

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I got it back today!

I think it's an '08 front triangle. There are 3 cable guides on the side of the down tube where as my '07 frame had 2. I remember there being talk about some minor tweaks to the '08 frame. I'm just curious to know what the differences are.

The ISCG tab is definitely welded on their more securely than my previous one. The '07 frame that I had just had a small tack weld on the back of the top tab, whereas on this one, it's got a nice solid bead along the inside the whole way around and even up onto the down tube where the top of the tab is.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Brillant you got it sorted.....
Intense you should check out descent world...Theres a thread on there from not so happy customers...

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
All of my experiences with Intense have been nothing short of spectacular. I'm glad that you got all sorted out and are a happy camper when all is said and done!

That Socom is going to be unreal :)

RacinJason

Chimp
Aug 19, 2008
Anaheim
Hello,
I wanted to take the time to introduce myself.
My name is Jason Seamans and I am handling the customer service and warranty department at Intense Cycles.
We are currently stepping up our customer service. As you know the company is growing.
I am here to help. If anyone has any warranty issues please contact the nearest dealer or e-mail me at Jseamans@intensecycles.com.
We have been working on getting a full selection of small parts at the dealers so you can service you&#8217;re bike without the wait.

Jason

Gieleuh

Chimp
May 17, 2008
Good to hear about the service!

I have a question about some geometry thingies... I'm planning to buy an Intense SlopeStyle 6.6 in Small. According to the site this frame has a toptube of 21,5".

My question now is;
- Is this the horizontal or actual toptube size?

I now have a Cdale Perp Medium. Sizes:
- Horizontal Top Tube: 23,4"
- Actual Top Tube: 21,5"

Any help or advise is also welcome!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
We have been working on getting a full selection of small parts at the dealers so you can service you’re bike without the wait.
Welcome and nice to have you on here.

Does this "full selection of small parts" include some dropouts to lower/slacken Socoms and Uzzis? I soooooo need a set! :biggrin:

RacinJason

Chimp
Aug 19, 2008
Anaheim
The 21.5 is the actual TT length. This is center to Center HT to St.
22.5 is the horizontal TT length. This is when looking at the bike from the side when the seat is up from center of the HT to the center of the seat post as it meets the seat while using a level horizon.

I hope that helps.:brows:

Good to hear about the service!

I have a question about some geometry thingies... I'm planning to buy an Intense SlopeStyle 6.6 in Small. According to the site this frame has a toptube of 21,5".

My question now is;
- Is this the horizontal or actual toptube size?

I now have a Cdale Perp Medium. Sizes:
- Horizontal Top Tube: 23,4"
- Actual Top Tube: 21,5"

Any help or advise is also welcome!

RacinJason

Chimp
Aug 19, 2008
Anaheim
It will include 135 and 150 drop outs and pivot bolts,box links and sticker kits.
We want out dealers to be as helpful as possible.
I will work on giving them the tools to do that.

We are working on keeping up with the demand of the frames and standard drop outs.
I will look into the lower / slacker dropouts for you . I have both an Uzzi and a Socom but I am not sure if I want to lower either of them.

I guess it&#8217;s just a preference thing.

In the rock garden in my last race I smacked my crank arm really hard and went OTB. Ouch! Still got 5th. I&#8217;m sure it was bad pedal timing on my part. :poster_oops:

Welcome and nice to have you on here.

Does this "full selection of small parts" include some dropouts to lower/slacken Socoms and Uzzis? I soooooo need a set! :biggrin:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I will look into the lower / slacker dropouts for you . I have both an Uzzi and a Socom but I am not sure if I want to lower either of them.

I guess it’s just a preference thing.
Thanks! :thumb: Personally I think it is a course thing. I wouldn't want to ride the lower dropouts everywhere, but I can think of several places I ride/race that they might be an advantage. Would be nice to have that option and see if they really shave some seconds of the run :biggrin:
Good job at the race BTW!