Quantcast

Interbike 2008

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
who all is going?

(i'll be there wed. night to saturday. i'm missing the outdoor demo days)

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
INTERBIKE 2008

chrome Blackmarket was one of the highlights IMO. (personal not production bike, though, is what i heard):

:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin

EASTERN had one of the cooler booths. Well staffed with good vibe from the reps. Leigh Ramsdell friendly to all. I was impressed.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
any news about manitou gold label for 09?
yes. i talked to the dude at the manitou booth. they had no dirt jumper forks on display and he told me the "gold label" name was going to be discontinued with other stuff in the works. he seemed super cool and down with mtbmx but i was bummed that manitou was not promoting it.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin

i learned that old vegas is much cooler than new vegas . . . . in a retro-seedy-locals-only kind of way. beauty bar and the griffin are highlights of the old strip. (double down bar also a place to go for dirty punk rock and PBR scene, but closer to the airport and new vegas)

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
yes. i talked to the dude at the manitou booth. they had no dirt jumper forks on display and he told me the "gold label" name was going to be discontinued with other stuff in the works. he seemed super cool and down with mtbmx but i was bummed that manitou was not promoting it.
I also spoke to the manitou tech that was guarding the dorado. He told me that a new dirt jump fork is in the works for 2010. That with the whole revamped lineup of forks the gold label was pushed to the back and there wasnt enough time to produce a quality dj for for this year.

That chrome blackmarket was so sick. I have about ten pics of it. The contrband proto was just killer. I really want one.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Anything from Atomlab especially the GI60 fork? I thought there might be some revisions on it.

Does anyone know a solid site for coverage of IB2008? I've tried singletrackworld.com and mtbr.com. Although cmc's photos are great - any higher res? Any info on that x-fusion fork?

Ride BMX has the best overall coverage I could find. Funny how BMX seems to be getting more into new stuff than MTB now.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
the new jimc plastics look really appealing to me.

My buddy was out there and is getting ready to open up a new shop local to me. I had him order me the new park stainless spoke wrench while he was out there...stoked!

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Anything from Atomlab especially the GI60 fork? I thought there might be some revisions on it.

Does anyone know a solid site for coverage of IB2008? I've tried singletrackworld.com and mtbr.com. Although cmc's photos are great - any higher res? Any info on that x-fusion fork?

Ride BMX has the best overall coverage I could find. Funny how BMX seems to be getting more into new stuff than MTB now.
cmc's posts have been the best coverage for mtbmx stuff. i haven't seen 1 atomlab pic anywhere yet.

http://www.dirtmag.co.uk/ had some stuff. blk mrkt vid.

OT
http://www.tonicfab.com/news.html
tonic and superco shredding the track.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Yeah, they had the new version of it at their booth. It looks basically like the old one, but nicer. It had very nice looking, machined dropouts. It's made in so cal. I think it's a little lighter, as well. From what I could tell, they plan on offering both of the forks.... the American made version at a higher price.

And it was crazy to see the real Cru Jones. Too bad I wasn't wearing my Rad Racing T for him to sign.

Last edited:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Yeah, they had the new version of it at their booth. It looks basically like the old one, but nicer. It had very nice looking, machined dropouts. It's made in so cal. I think it's a little lighter, as well. From what I could tell, they plan on offering both of the forks.... the American made version at a higher price.

And it was crazy to see the real Cru Jones. Too bad I wasn't wearing my Rad Racing T for him to sign.
Thanks Cru - I'll email those guys in a bit to see if those US made forks are available. I still think it's a good concept just needed some tweaking.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
I thought they were a great idea at first, but after seeing the results when it gets side loaded (railing berms, 360'ing jumps, any street riding) I'd never get one.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
if you are ever going to Las Vegas and doubting whether to bring your bike, DON'T. this is just one skatepark south of the city. there are others too, a couple more we checked out. City of Henderson, Anthem Hills neighborhood:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
DOC ROMEO park south off of Cheyenne exit off of 95 North, northwest of Las Vegas... was one of the sickest parks I have been to.

Monster transitions and a weird slanting incline of the entire park make it unique but also make it worth riding.

This wheelchair kid (sorry I forgot his name) tears it up. Massive drop in on the vert wall plus a backflip on one of the street hips. He said he has a myspace page.

Last edited: