Quantcast

Interbike 2011: Scott Bikes 2012 Genius LT, Spark

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

Scott Bikes has something special going with their Genius LT. At well under 30 lb, this 7-inch freeride bike climbs as well as it descends, and can be seen under the likes of the Coastal Crew, Nick Beer and other top riders.
---

Scott didn't have many of their mountain bikes on display, but the Spark and Genius LT were definitely a major attraction.

We're starting to see tapered head tubes on bikes of all designs and sizes; here, the Scott Spark Elite sports one.

The Spark Elite is for XC race and light all-mountain riding.

Carbon Genius LT.

The Genius LT has 180mm of travel, a matte finish, aggressive angles and a custom shock.

The custom shock that the Genius uses is one of its most unique and intriguing features.

The top of the line Genius LT will have carbon XO cranks, as well as a host of other carbon goodies.

We're not sure of the exact weight of this build, but builds of the Genius LT are generally well below 30 lbs. With that spec, it could be below 25.

That's it, that's all from the Scott booth, if you need more info on their bikes check out Scott Sports.

[fblike]http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?245843-Interbike-2011-Scott-Bikes-2012-Genius-LT-Spark&p=3700686#post3700686[/fblike]

Attachments

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Says 7 inches of travel here, says 6 inches aka 150mm on the website. If they're going to start building light weight DH bikes like this with longer travel, 7 inches, put two rings and a bash on it and I'll buy it! I want the best of both works. XC and DH all in one bike. Genius LT 10 is a beautiful bike.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Haha, what a great necro bump.

A friend of mine had one of these pieces of shit, after a few weeks the fork's damper went boom riding XC and threw him off the bike, then the rear shock died, then it sort of died again, then the shock bolt snapped and the bike tried to tear itself apart.
If there was a worst bike of the 2010s the Genius LT would have to take the crown, if they aren't broken they can be heard from miles away, creak creak creak creak.