Quantcast

Interbike 2011: The North Face is Here to Stay

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

Well, it was only a matter of time before the outdoor gear giant The North Face made their way into the mountain bike game. They've got lines of jerseys, shorts, jackets, shirts and more, so check out TNF's first MTB foray.
---

When it comes to big companies and mountain biking, it seems like all to often the clothing/product is simply a hand me down from another related sport. With North Face, they took a ground up design approach. Using proven fabrics from throughout their other divisions, they made mountain bike specific clothing. Here are a few of the 2012 products that will soon be in shops near you.

The Cryptic line of MTB jerseys fit, breathe well, and are made with environmentally friendly, recycled materials. North Face athlete Mike Hopkins has been rocking these ones all year, from filming for the upcoming SecondBase movie to shooting photos in Bolivia. Word from Mike is that the product is beyond solid!

The women's jerseys are equally well designed, and are likely to be seen on many a trail-dame soon enough.

TNF is known for its technical background and durable product. The riding jackets are made for the worst riding weather, but still retain a decent amount of breathability.

Soft shell hoodies are always a good choice...

...but sometimes the weather demands a little more.

Wet or dry, North Face is up for the ride.

The cogset logo is an awesome touch!

Quality stitching and materials are the norm when it comes to TNF.

All the gear looks really impressive and functional, but a great first impression on the mountain bike community takes more than just got product. TNF had free cappuccinos all morning and beer in the afternoon!

[fblike]http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3691534#post3691534[/fblike]

Attachments

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I just got one of their riding T-shirts and wore it for the first time a couple days ago. Wow, it dried super fast and I sweet like crazy.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
D'oh, was accidentally forcing moderation of all new posts in this forum. Fixed. Everyone's posts show up normally now!