Quantcast

Interbike BMX track (2"-heels and business suit bonus)

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
When I showed my Giant rep pics from the San Diego Midnight Madness ride that I did in a business suit and clip-compatible pumps, he said he wouldn't really be impressed until I showed up like that at dirt demo.

Dirt Demo!

That would have never occurred to me, but it was brilliant. People in the "real world" don't seem to really appreciate the humor in stuff like clipping in with pumps. It's more of an off-the-charts bizarre thing that non bike people tend to just shake their heads at, but at Dirt Demo it would be truly amusing, and everyone would enjoy it. So, because silliness is not something you should ever keep to yourself, here are pics from the escapade.

Procuring the bike - a Spot 29er belt drive

The shoes - many thanks to Crank Brothers, who make these great pontoon cleats...

Gotta hit the trail...

I had a great ride on course #1, then had to hit the BMX track.

Any day I can ride my bike is a good day. It's a bonus when other people get a grin from it. :)

-sunny

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Sweet.

Too bad we didn't hook up for a ride while I was in San Deigo.
Next time feel free to call. I'm pretty easy to track down, I just need reminders because I've usually got a number of irons in the fire and if it's not on my calendar or sitting in front of me, it often gets overlooked. Give me a heads up and we'll plan a ride. :)