Quantcast

Interbike: What's the scoop?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Aight, so I wanna go to Interbike this year. I have no idea what the deal is with it, and their website makes my eyes, head, and soul hurt.

So if I wanted to, say, check out all the booths and such, do I need a special pass of some sort? Do I just show up?

For the OutDoor demo, do I need to be media or anyone special? I work at a shop if it makes a difference....

Basically, I'm wondering what's up with InterBike and what I can or cannot attend based on my position.

Thanks!

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
yep, u need to get passes through your shop, since you are late is cost $25 a pass, if you cant get it through work u can pay to get in, its only $200 :evil:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Heh, I don't think I can justify missing a week of school for interbike. I wish I could, but I guess I'll have to demo stuff at the races instead.

Thanks for all your help.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
In high school I missed a week of school every year for Interbike. The dirt demo sucks, noting but huge crowds. The expo itself is only so-so, there are some cool things, lots of Chinese manufacturers to steal stuff from, and all the free powerbars you want (very bad idea to live on powerbars and beer for a week), then there are the new products, they all get unveiled early, so you know exactly what to expect. The best thing about Interbike are the parties, the Kona Buck-a-bowl is always good. Last year I was with Adrenaline bikes and, Versus was having a huge penthouse party at the Venitian, Transition guys were super cool to hang out with, and Mountain Cycle forgot we were even a dealer (the worlds largest by far). It really is just an excuse to close the shop and go to vega for a party, the only real reason to even go to the tradeshow is, if you bring a wad of 100 dollar bills on friday you can sometimes score a good deal here and there, I've bought frames, helmets, shoes, peddles, ect.

This year I'm not going to go, I no longer work at the shop, and the ALMS race at Laguna Seca is the same weekend, that and it just isn't worth the drive anymore.