Quantcast

interbike

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Interbike was super fun. I would do one of the reports things but I wouldnt have the time. Me and alf were just partying the whole time! yeah right. But it was super fun, I got a lot of free magazine and my photos in one of them (mongoose ad). Im still super tired. Ill talk more tomorrow

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
anybody know what that intro song is in all those rip tv videos where they are going booth to booth?

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
All I came away with was I heard Ronnie James Dio playing in more than one booth and that is just not right. Oh, and I found my new 4X bike.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Threepointtwo said:
All I came away with was I heard Ronnie James Dio playing in more than one booth and that is just not right. Oh, and I found my new 4X bike.

Dio (Holy Diver specifically) is used in both Aaron Chase's new video and also the NWD flick.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
is it me or have manitou been totally neglicted this year. you know they are changing almost their whole line up with new forks but i can't find a single detail on the travis's. i have seen some pics but that is it

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i think www.ride-this.com has some info on these forks......what is the strangest thing anyone saw at interbike? what about that snow rigid bike, i think it is called surly

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
zmtber said:
i think www.ride-this.com has some info on these forks......what is the strangest thing anyone saw at interbike? what about that snow rigid bike, i think it is called surly
The wierdest thing I saw (aside from the usual Tiawanese contingent) was this bike with a set of 4 skateboard wheels where the front wheel should be. Kind of looked like landing gear. They had a video showing how you could do almost everythingyou could do on a regular bike (???).

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
maybe i'm not comfortable enough with my manhood or something like that but bender is awfully touchy feely with that 'zoke guy in the rip.tv interview on pinkbike.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
what bike has the greatest changes, or what company has the greatest change in there typ of rider they are trying to address for 06?

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
haha yeah i guess it is kind of a stupid question, but people must have something to share about interbike to those of us who did not go

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
zmtber said:
what bike has the greatest changes, or what company has the greatest change in there typ of rider they are trying to address for 06?
There is no question that kona is the most innovative company of '06.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
konabiker said:
There is no question that kona is the most innovative company of '06.
Did they add more Stinkeys?

Ibis for sure. We all thought they were dead but those new rigs were the sh!t.

Cannondale had some new paint jobs.

The Giant lineup wasn't a complete change but the lower shock mounts run through a hole in the huge downtube now and have a carbon fiber cover plate on the bottom.
Schwinn and Mongoose both had versions of the Taocali (sp?) throughout their respective lineups.

Manitou went to32mm stantions on the Minute lineup - they look nice and stiff. The new Manitou Revox rear shock rocks! It has separate high and low speed compression circuits, is stiffer via a larger shaft, and 1/2 lb lighter than the Swinger. The SPV requires no air or tools to adjust. The new 20mm quick release hex axle is cool too.

Independent Fab came out with a licensed DW Link bike that is real nice.

Everybody has a 6", reasonably light trail bike out including the Intense 6.6.

Mountain Cycle had a non-monocoque bike. Is this the first time? I think their 9.5 won an MTBR award for best DH bike. I think it is the same bike as last year - didn't see any changes but didn't look real close.

Imagine this, the Tiawanese guys had neon stuff with blinking lights! Who woulda guessed?

Yeti, sadly, wasn't there. There were some bikes at Demo days but no presence at the show.

Colnago had a mountain bike and it was a plain vanilla hardtail.

Syncros is back with some beautiful looking rims and hubs among other things. Kore is back too. While on that note - Razor Rock is rumored to be back making 12,15, and 2omm thru axle hubs.

The Rotec Lawill looks promising. It might be a bit on the heavy side but nicely done.

The new Canfield is very nice.

I didn't see much new in the way of seats, just the new one with finger grips. They wrapped them in trays like meat and I didn't get it.

The news in wheels was that I didn't see much new but I didn't see everything.

Specialized does most of their stuff also in carbon now. Nice looking and expensive.

Primal Wear has some of the coolest jerseys in the world (IMHO) right now. You can get Kiss Destroyer and Where the Wild Things Are - how cool is that?

That's all I can think of right now. Great fun.

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
wirly said:
you mean '96, right? It's easy to do, the 9 is right next to the 0.
:evil:
No, in the quest to revamp the linkage plates on the stinky they stumbled across a cure for cancer and also figured out time travel so that the bikes can be made by aliens from mars. They also found jesus on mars.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
luiz carlos said:
Why?????????Anyone knows the reason?????
They chose to spend the money they would have spent on a booth bringing out their retail shops to Keystone for great riding and beer. It is a really good time and the shop guys get lots of time on the bikes in a great setting.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
have you guys seen the new component groupes from sram, truvative, and rockshock. what happened to that rockshock rear shock i thought it was suppose to come out, and mack that link is still not working

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
the "new" shock is an 07 development. but they are making a new shock called the pearl at looks really sweet. they also have the MC-3 that looks like a willer shock for me trance. also their old sid shock rocked, you could beat them up alot and they always felt so good if you knew how to set them up.

peace out good things coming from rockshox.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey check out the rockgardn stuff for 06, possible the coolest thing i have ever saw. hey bender uses it right it must be good. This stuff is awsome i am still riding the 04 one and i can't even begin to tell you guys how much it has saved my A**. so if you guys are looking for new armor/pads i recomend you check thiis out before buying, i thnk they should ahve all new gear up on www.rockgardn.com by mid novenber.

punkassean said:
true dat. Wait to see what RockGardn has in store for '06. I've been riding a prototype '06 suit for a few months now and it's way sick. We had the finalized version at the show and they will be available for order in early Nov.

The same basic layout is intact however there is a long list of upgrades incorporated into the design. Here are some of them.

• Base material is now an open mesh/net material that is soft against the skin but also very sturdy. It is similar to the Dianese but much more soft to the touch. Airflow is vastly improved as a result. Also the base material now comes all the way to the waist line or even slightly lower in front so no more belly shirt action like previous models.

• Kidney belt is now a super-tough PVC mesh (think black window screen but way stronger) that breaths incredibly well but still provides plenty of support/compression.

• Back Slider is now removable to allow use with lighter-duty "Flak Vest" (new for '06, available separate for about ~$50) which is a low-profile foam/mesh vest that protects your core only and has no hard plastics. Another reason the slider is removable is for reducing bulkiness when wearing a loaded pack.

• Shoulder cups are a new custom mold that sit much lower profile for less of a football player look w/o removing any structural integrity. Also has "oval R" logo molded in.

• Chest plates are also a new custom darth vader looking mold that we found contours the chest better and also provides slightly more coverage. No longer do collar bones appear to poke out on some people. Also have nice logo molded in. :D

• The best new feature is the fact that the price is still $183 MSRP. :thumb:

Most of the rest of the line got upgraded/revamped including the landing zone knee/shins which are totally new and will stay right over your knee thanks to some creative strap placement and material (above/behind the knee cross-over w/stretch velcro straps)

Check the website for updates sometime soon....