Quantcast

Interest in 24h of moat mountain?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was going to say not really because the likelihood of someone ramming into your leg and breaking it is much less in a bicycle race but I bet some out of control CPA from from connecticut could manage it.
I loved that shit, always volunteered to do the starts. a lot of thought has to go into your lines and position to avoid and get around the fleshy flotsam.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I loved that shit, always volunteered to do the starts. a lot of thought has to go into your lines and position to avoid and get around the fleshy flotsam.
My safety being partially in the hands of out of control people is mostly the reason I quit racing xc and bought a dh bike :rofl:

Sounds like someone needs to get to a european megavalanche thing at some point

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Our race course had a double track climb thats 350ft vert and straight. It starts off so mellow and gradually gets steeper until the last 100ft are brutally steep. I was racing a SS hardtail then and would stand and hammer that hill, lol. It was a pain cave but I was forced to go 8-10 mph up that thing and all those people slogging along in their granny gears would audibly cry as I flew by.
This sounds like Dalton that you are describing. We called that last steep pitch The Demoralizer.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I was thinking party pace group of 4 or 5. It's been on my biking bucket list for some time...seems like part of the MTB culture that kind of died in the last 10 years. I want to have fun with some homies, ride some bikes, see what we can do in 24h. Get a little weird, a little tired, halucinate a little bit, you know- the classics.
Hmmmm.....I haven't done a 5 person in a while. Could be motivation to get out and ride more too.