Quantcast

Interesting Article About Indians: Both kinds

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I have no idea how credible this might or might not be...or if this is a commonly held belief that I should already know about, but take a few minutes and read this if you have the time.

What if Europe was really in darkness in comparison to the Far East and India that Columbus set sail to find? What if the popular idea that the Tibetans and the American Indians have much in common in terms of their spiritual culture is largely a result of another historical scenario? What if Hindus and Hopis, Advaitins and Aztecs, Tibetan monks and Mayans were part of one world culture -- a spiritual one?
http://www.archaeologyonline.net/artifacts/who-discovered-america.html

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I worked with a guy once that when a question about Indians came up, he responded: "Indians? Dots or Teepees?"

Hilarity ensued.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
My class last night discussed this actual topic.

Very interesting topic to say the least.
My first reaction is I feel let down by my grade school text books and teachers.
My second reaction is I feel let down by our fore fathers who killed so many Native Americans.

I wish there were definitive answers to where they came from and how they got here.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
My class last night discussed this actual topic.

Very interesting topic to say the least.
My first reaction is I feel let down by my grade school text books and teachers.
My second reaction is I feel let down by our fore fathers who killed so many Native Americans.

I wish there were definitive answers to where they came from and how they got here.
Go to a used book seller and try to find some outdated textbooks of grade school level. You'll be even more disappointed and let down. The extent of the political and religious rhetoric 'hidden' in them is sometimes scary.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Go to a used book seller and try to find some outdated textbooks of grade school level. You'll be even more disappointed and let down. The extent of the political and religious rhetoric 'hidden' in them is sometimes scary.

Dude, are you hitting on me?

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
Dude, are you hitting on me?
You say this so often, are you feeling neglected?

When in college I wrote a paper about Columbus discovering America, and got read the riot act by the teacher who said Columbus only brought Europeans to America.
Isn't it common knowledge that people crossed the land bridge over the bering straight to get to America thousands of years ago.
Vikings colonized part of Canada & coca beans were found in the pyramids so who knows

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
You say this so often, are you feeling neglected?

When in college I wrote a paper about Columbus discovering America, and got read the riot act by the teacher who said Columbus only brought Europeans to America.
Isn't it common knowledge that people crossed the land bridge over the bering straight to get to America thousands of years ago.
Vikings colonized part of Canada & coca beans were found in the pyramids so who knows
Don't hate me because I'm not going skiing with you on Friday.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Interesting, but a bit suspect. He would have to be a bit more specific to be convincing. Also, who is this guy?

Since I don't know too much about the subject directly, I can't comment on his specific claims, but one of the few parts that I do have some background in I found both suspect and rather odd:

"Many people today are searching out the spirituality of the Americas, a spirituality that was lacking in Europe and is now lacking throughout the world. The Christ's teachings were most certainly tainted with misunderstanding of that great savior's message of love. And he too is said to have been influenced by India's spirituality. His appearance in the world for that matter is mentioned in India's Bavishya Purana long before the virgin birth took place."

What? There are lots of problems with this- logical, historical and in the writing itself.