Quantcast

Interesting article on credit crunch vs debt crunch

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
...one thing I do know about this is that, with all these foreclosures, alot of friends of mine (mid-20's young professionals) are buying homes with ease...my family included.
yup, just bought as well for the first time. good sized downpayment, 30y fixed. don't really care what happens to the market now, since we're locked in and can afford the monthly payments. we were able to take our time, look at a variety of different houses before deciding on the one we wanted, and were able to negotiate from a position of strength. we don't *need* the house to appreciate in value, we just have a nice place to live... feel somewhat vindicated renting (and saving) for the past several years while everyone was jumping onto the interest only, option ARM bandwagon, but have to admit moving from LI to the midwest also helped quite a bit as well... :monkeydance:

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
You are wrong on the first one. They would normally be two seperate sentences if you hadn't joined them with "but". Sorry.
And "therefore" is written in such fashion that it is indeed emphasized. You are wrong fluffo.
I disagree, my friend. Do some more research. You will find out that a comma is not required; there is a difference between required and permissible. The key to understanding the first sentence is that the two phrases, while grammatically able to form two separate sentences, are not constructed in the form referred to by the web-page tutorial that you linked. The use of therefore is also not exactly as detailed. The result is that a comma is not required.

Your spelling is not tip-top either, I'm afraid to say.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Yawn. You can look for any loophole you want fluffer, but your own links condemn you.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
They are all available on DVD now. My son learned the preamble to the Constitution watching it. Sadly, that's the way I memorized it.