Quantcast

Interesting Gas Prices Map

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
N8 said:
Differences in cost must be largly due to the amount of tax on the gas.
check your statement. it is my understanding that taxes are pretty much standard. it is the special "Blends" of gas for each state, and their emission standards that causes the prices to go up between states.

MTBE a common additive to make fuel burn cleaner is a pretty dangerous thing to add to fuel. If leaked out of the tank it gets into ground water, and doesn't break down, it just sticks around.

Pluss the fact that the Oil companies have recorded record profits couldn't have anything to do with the high cost throughout the land:rolleyes:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
brungeman said:
check your statement. it is my understanding that taxes are pretty much standard. it is the special "Blends" of gas for each state, and their emission standards that causes the prices to go up between states.

MTBE a common additive to make fuel burn cleaner is a pretty dangerous thing to add to fuel. If leaked out of the tank it gets into ground water, and doesn't break down, it just sticks around.

Pluss the fact that the Oil companies have recorded record profits couldn't have anything to do with the high cost throughout the land:rolleyes:
Taxes arent "standard" at all.

TN (to my knowledge) has some of the highest fuel taxes around, as a result, we have the best roads in the nation...we just have NO environmental standards:rofl:

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
It looks to me as though prices must be highly dependant on taxation. I can't imagine it's easier to get gasoline from refineries to central Wyoming or Montana than it is to Houston and Dallas. What else could explain why Cheyenne, Wyoming has lower prices than Fort Collins, CO or Idaho/Utah?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stgil888 said:
It looks to me as though prices must be highly dependant on taxation. I can't imagine it's easier to get gasoline from refineries to central Wyoming
Ummm....... there's a refinery *in* Wyoming. Not too far from Cheyenne. There's even a town built around it called Sinclair. :D