Quantcast

interesting new team

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
"Make top link look lighter" :confused:

You should also work on reducing perceived e-flex.
It's funny, the stuff we have to do to make the bike look as "cool" and "modern" as a corsair or giant or what have you is hundreds of hours of work and lots of money for tooling to make something that might be an 1/8th of a pound lighter and imperceptibly stiffer. It's all about looks when it goes from "engineering" to "product". It's wicked fun to make cool looking stuff, for sure, but I miss the old days when a bike was a bike and a toaster was a toaster!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's funny, the stuff we have to do to make the bike look as "cool" and "modern" as a corsair or giant or what have you is hundreds of hours of work and lots of money for tooling to make something that might be an 1/8th of a pound lighter and imperceptibly stiffer. It's all about looks when it goes from "engineering" to "product". It's wicked fun to make cool looking stuff, for sure, but I miss the old days when a bike was a bike and a toaster was a toaster!
Make me a bike that's a toaster.

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
Does it mean anything that Chris Cocalis has been in my LBS the past 2 weeks fondling and going over every inch of the 2010 Glory DH that is hanging in the shop?

I wouldn't count on Strait riding a Firebird for long.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I was just being an a$$ obviously looks is a big part of selling these days and at the end of the day you gotta sell product.

P.S. slyfink, here's a link for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony#Verbal_irony

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Perceived value is no less than real value to the consumer. Don't fight it embrace it.

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
Tell him that the head angle is really slack on the Glory, and he should steepen his up a good bit on his new DH bike.
Like I say, if you can't make it better, make it slacker and make it carbon.

Really curious to see what Pivot comes up with, since I have heard them comment on the Glory and say "There is only so many ways to fit that in there" referring to the linkage and the shock.

Also I wonder if that is basically an admission that Maestro and DW are basically the same thing :rofl:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Perceived value is no less than real value to the consumer. Don't fight it embrace it.
Inveigling against the notion of "perceived value" in consumer goods is one of the things that turns me into an interminable pedant and semi-coherent ranting loon about boring ****. Lots of my friends started screening my calls.

After all, you can only sell as many bikes as you can make, and marketing is most definitely the way to regulate demand!