Quantcast

Interesting new v10 comparison

eshaun

Chimp
Nov 18, 2003
SF, CA
Just noting the monocque similarities in frames appearing ~5 yrs apart. My buddies thermoplastic carbon fiber '99 K2 OZM.

Whether you like these designs or not, they will serve their purpose well and both are light frames for what they were designed for. I lifted up this bike below and it weighed extremely close to my 03 Heckler (spx fr kit w/Z1). Anyone rethinking their deposit to one of these frames instead of the VP Free for mainly DH racing with a side of technical trail riding & FR? BTW, I'm in no hurry to buy another bike just yet, but am leaning towards the VP Free whenever it finally reaches the market.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Ok...so those two bikes have nothing in common except a couple round edges.

One is a single pivot
one has a lot of pivots
one has a carbon fiber frame
one has a monocoque subframe mounted on a downtube
one is an xc bike
one is a dh bike

I'm not sure you could have found anything more dissimiler.

Wait a minute, my DH bike is sitting next to me and it has two wheels!! Damn, it's like exactly like the new VPP10!!!!

crono35

Monkey
Feb 11, 2002
irvine
c'mon guys... he's just pointing out that the shapes are similar. That's all he said. Just because you know a lot is not a reason to throw it in someone's face... seems like you guys jumped on him a little hard just because he was making a comment. Maybe a couple :D woulda helped?

eshaun

Chimp
Nov 18, 2003
SF, CA
Originally posted by crono35
c'mon guys... he's just pointing out that the shapes are similar. That's all he said. Just because you know a lot is not a reason to throw it in someone's face... seems like you guys jumped on him a little hard just because he was making a comment. Maybe a couple :D woulda helped?
what he said...dont waste my time with lame deconstructive comments. I asked a legitimate ? for the Rm community as well as presented a comparison few ppl have seen. The reply's to this thread further justify why I choose to spend more time out riding than contributing to most online forums.