Quantcast

interesting piece of mtb news

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
You lost me on this one. They are over $100M in revenue a year, per Bob in the Fox press release.

Revenue and valuation aren't tied together. Your earnings calc is right though.
You're right. I read it as 7.5x sales.., but it was EBITDA..
But revenue and valuation ARE tied together. You don't think revenue has something to do with a company's value?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Maybe they'll even put proper oil seals in their forks some day. (i.e., oil seals held in with a retaining clip that allows them to seal better the higher the internal pressure, allowing for more tunability and better reliability).

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
Maybe they'll even put proper oil seals in their forks some day. (i.e., oil seals held in with a retaining clip that allows them to seal better the higher the internal pressure, allowing for more tunability and better reliability).
man, we can only hope. it's sad when the finance people don't let engineers do their jobs.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
You're right. I read it as 7.5x sales.., but it was EBITDA..
But revenue and valuation ARE tied together. You don't think revenue has something to do with a company's value?
Yeah, I knew you'd get me on that one. But, if they had $100m in revenue and EBITDA of ($25m), you can bet the price would be much lower.

*Pepe*

Chimp
Mar 9, 2007
Vancouver, BC
7.5x EBITDA is a healthy multiple to pay for a consumer products company. it seems to me both parties got what they wanted; mr. fox was rewarded for his stewardship by getting a fat addition to his wallet, and the investor got its mits on a good company in exchange. i personally wouldn't read anything more into it than that... unless the multiple sucked, then it's another story altogether.