Quantcast

Interesting: Pour it your self beer bar in SF

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
https://www.sfgate.com/restaurants/article/The-Brew-Coop-a-pour-it-yourself-beer-bar-opens-13536242.php?t=3219769f45

Want a beer without all that annoying bartender chit chat? Head on over to Valencia Street.

Now open in the former Osha Thai space is the Brew Coop, a “pour-it-yourself” bar. It’s the first such dedicated bar of its kind in San Francisco and comes from Gore Song, who modeled the bar after the self-pour beer systems Song experienced while visiting Prague in college.

It works like this: patrons pay for a drink card at the host stand. That’s where ID will be checked and given a glass. Then people head to the self-serve taps, which are fitted with radio-frequency identification (RFID) readers. Using the card keeps track of the pours and how much you’ve spent. Pours will range from 50 to 80 cents per ounce.

There will be about 26 taps for beer, wine and cider. The menu is broken up into several flavor profiles — hoppy, lighter, malty, tart and nitro, and includes a range of local brews like Standard Deviant’s kolsch and Fort Point Beer Co.’s smoked beer, Manzanita. There will also be kombucha on-tap.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We have a beer garden like that here at the Stanley Market.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
There's a place in Carlsbad, CA like that too. How would you suck up to the bartender and get free beer then though?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I mean, why not just order beer from home to be delivered by an Amazon drone?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
They've had a big ass truck/trailer that is set up like that at the Alameda County Fair (down the street from you @eric strt6 ) for years now.
Like you would ever find me at the Alameda County fair. I fucking hate crowds of stupid people. I have a hard enough time going there (fairgrounds) for the Fly Fishing Expo next month and that only has a couple of hundred folks there at any one time.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Like you would ever find me at the Alameda County fair. I fucking hate crowds of stupid people. I have a hard enough time going there (fairgrounds) for the Fly Fishing Expo next month and that only has a couple of hundred folks there at any one time.
But they have freestyle motocross, and monster tucks, and rides, and fireworks, and beer, and big ass turkey legs, and someone gets shot every year. How could you not like that?????