Quantcast

interesting.....self serve beer/wine room

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@stevew - seen it...no desire to go. i like my beer, but have only a few breweries i really want to support/go to. places like this, which just opened to great 300 tap hipster acclaim, bring out the misanthrope in me: https://charlottebeergarden.com/
correct.

i stumbled upon it on a fb video of someone pouring a beer and packing a bong listening to sleep....he was wearing a hat from there...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
we have one of these joints here, not too far from stoney's 'hood.
it's novel, and they had a wide selection of good beers, but I wouldn't go out of my way to visit again.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
My favorite self-serve beer place was the United lounge at Tokyo airport.
They have a robotic beer machine that pours a perfect glass every time.
Missed several flights because of that thing (and desire to shorten china stay with a night in japan).

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
These are fun, once, but the novelty wears off quickly for me. Young people with limited attention spans seem to like them better. (Get off my lawn!)

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I went to one in Denver, and the price per oz was redonculous, but I'm thrifty so I typically shop (at the grocery store) for the highest gravity beer I can find at the lowest price on sale (i.e. ranger 6'ers @ $7-8 FTW, or Sierra / Deschuttes 12'ers @ $13)

Or graphically:

1584737730897.png

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
A friend stayed at this place in Cleveland, which offers a beer tap in your room.. nice novelty I guess.

He said it was a great place and told us to check it out. Unfortunately I have no desire to stay in that portion of Ohio...