Quantcast

International Shipping Advice Needed

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
In particular, shipping a frame and one wheel to England via USPS. The shipping rules say the at the package has a maximum size of 60 inches in length, and 108 inches combined length and girth.

Does this mean the length (45") times two (90") plus the girth (width?) (10") times two (20") = 110"?

Or does it mean length (45") plus girth (width?) (10") = 55"

My box is currently 45"(L) X 10(W) X 28"(H). Will the USPS ship this or am going to have to disassemble the frame (full suspension) and pack it in a smaller box?

Any help is super mucho appreciated! Thanks!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Oh man what a nightmare. The post office informed me that the max size is 108 inches measuring the length, and the GIRTH, which is the measurement AROUND the whole box's height and width. In my case 23(ish)" X2 plus 10"X2 plus 45"(ish). The postal guy measured it and came up with 118 inches. ARRGGHH!

So off I go to Box City to buy tape and a box cutter. Then I proceed to take this thing apart and cut the box down and then repack it all. All in the post office parking lot. There were foam peanuts everywhere.

In the end I got it shipped. 86.00, and one heck of an ugly box! I will never ship internationally on one of my e-bay auctions again. :nope: