Quantcast

Interview #2 is in the works

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Well, they want to see me again. Probably to talk about how their office works and to talk numbers. I have no Idea how much to ask for so I hope they dont pull a, "so how much are you wanting to make". I'm hoping to get an, "our Senior Art Director position pays…".

Anyone know what the standard for a senior art director's salary is? I've been out of the loop for about 5 years running a corporate Art Department.

I'm guessing somewhere between 55 & 75 but thats really just a guess. Of course how many hours a day I will be working is going to be a major factor but I dont know that yet.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
In Oklahoma?

In a real city you will be working your ass off and making 75-90 or 15-20 less than the Creative Director makes.

Just ask what the position is budgeted for to start.

J

JRB

Shoot high - they will counter. Let them know that you will try to be flexible. That's what happened here.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
yeah, shoot high, you can always come down, you start too low, and they think that maybe you aren't worth much. You really have to sell yourself though too, make them think that they must pay you what you ask or they'll be losing out.

btw, do you still go to the wakarusa festival every year? We live in Lawrence now, so if ya do, we'll have to hook up

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
stinkyboy said:
In Oklahoma?
In a real city you will be working your ass off and making 75-90 or 15-20 less than the Creative Director makes.
Just ask what the position is budgeted for to start.
Well we both know this isnt a real city. It is a fake city with smurfs and gnomes and sh!t. Seriously, in NYC or LA, yes I would be working my ass off and probably hate my life until I got into my porsche to drive me home so I could sleep just to get back into my porsche and drive back to work. Anyway, thank god for smurf-gnome town USA where we call that kind of job BS.

I'll probably shoot a few grand above what I want and tell them I'd be willing to negotiate because I really want the job.

Cooter Brown said:
yeah, shoot high, you can always come down, you start too low, and they think that maybe you aren't worth much. You really have to sell yourself though too, make them think that they must pay you what you ask or they'll be losing out.
btw, do you still go to the wakarusa festival every year? We live in Lawrence now, so if ya do, we'll have to hook up
The selling myself part is over... they have seen my work, they know exactly what my capabilities are. Probably they are wanting to see how comfortable I am with the staff and with what my responsabilities will be. Then, most likely, will come the $ talk.

I dont think we are going to make it out this year... last year it was really hard to make it through. It was like 100 degrees all the time with no shade and there were bands playing right on the campgrounds until 5AM... sun comes up at 7:00 so that gives you 2 hours to sleep. Megan was totally miserable so that makes it really hard to convince her to go back the very next year. You and V should go though, its a really good lineup this year.