Quantcast

Interview #4

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Yeah... for real. Over the phone, an hour plus.

Finally made an offer, includes benefits, bonuses and a number of nice holidays... I'm cool with it so I said that sounds good to me. BUT! They want to check all my references which is fine… but dont you do that sometime before you have the person do 4 interviews? They want to see my book again :rolleyes: they want to talk with me more :rolleyes:. So I still dont have the job, and to be honest, it's starting to irritate me. I have 7+ hours logged in on just interviews and phone calls with these people. WTF more coud they possibly need from me?

:bomb:

J

JRB

golgiaparatus said:
<snip> it's starting to irritate me.<crop>
:stupid: Let us know when you have it or don't have it. No more update needed. :D

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
My wife and I were talking about how I would be totally in if I just walked into the next interview... punched the president square in the nose and swung around and slapped the VP across the face.

I think that would get me the job for sure... on the way out I'd drop my pants, just for you DRB.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
They are testing how you handle working in a slow and distracted workplace full of red tape and people that never actually get anything done. Hang in there and soon you can do it every day!! :)

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
OGRipper said:
They are testing how you handle working in a slow and distracted workplace full of red tape and people that never actually get anything done. Hang in there and soon you can do it every day!! :)
That's what I was thinking. Sounds like a company of micro-managers and over-analyzers. Hope the pay is good.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I've done a 45 minute phone interview and then a 90 minute in-person interview, this was two weeks ago. (somehow managed to do this while still being employed...45-50 hours a week :think: )

Then I had to take a 30 minute online personality evaluation.

Last week they tell me it's down to me and one other internal applicant, and they are comparing notes.

Then nothing.

Then today I get an email saying there was one other internal applicant that didn't know the interviews were taking place, so to be nice they are interviewing them today as well.

They are really busy, because they don't have this position filled, which means they don't have enough time to get the position filled, which means I am in a holding pattern.

This is driving me nuts. :bomb: