Quantcast

interview question

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I have an interview with a college on Friday. (William Patterson going for photography for the :monkey: keeping tabs on me) I had a nice pair of dress shoes but they wound up getting ruined when the cat thought it was a toy. I have a semi new pair of redwing boots. If I was to give them a good scrubbing and mink oil them would that be apropriate to wear with khaki pants, white shirt and tie? I really don't feel like going out and buying new shoes again.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I found the perfect club to join at William Patterson:

Brothers for Awareness

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Yup, hit the payless or second hand and get some new kicks.

You should go to the second hand clothing store and pickup a suit jacket too. My first couple of suits during college and right out came from scond hand. You cand find $500 jackets on the cheap.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
I live 10 minutes from william patterson. There is a lot them colored people there. They won't except you around those there parts of New Jersey.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I have a few jackets so no need to buy them. Wait for pictures from my prom. I am going all out redneck.... either going to be a western style suit or a tux tshirt.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Oh, so you work in that big shiny building across the street from the entrance?
Or do you work at the bp the one on top of the hill across the street from the ice vault?
the building across the street has been empty for years. i work on the same side of the road as the Willy P Valley road entrance.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
In no way will the shoes affect the outcome of the interview. Period.
Bull****.

I once rejected a guy because he didn't bother to wear socks on the interview. He worked in our group, but I told him after the interview (when he found out he didn't get the job) that one of the reasons was that he didn't have any socks on (and wore jeans).

It was a job in business development where he would be talking to VP's high ranking people in companies. Show some respect.

PSP should wear the stars and bars. He seems so convinced that it is not racist that he needs to put his money where his mouth is.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Dude, if a parent works at a university you're pretty much a shoe in.
Having gone to HS in Ithaca, and seen kids trying to get into Cornell, I'm not convinced that's true. I'm convinced that Cornell treats Prof's kids more harshly in admissions because they don't want to pay for half of their tuition. I know a bunch of Prof's kids who got rejected with a guaranteed transfer after one year if they really still wanted to go to Cornell. Didn't see much of that in the kids without ties to Cornell.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
# Admission 5,380 applied, 3,592 admitted, 1,412 enrolled
# Test scores SAT verbal scores over 500 47%, SAT math scores over 500 52%, ACT scores over 18 N/R, SAT verbal scores over 600 9%, SAT math scores over 600 10%, ACT scores over 24 N/R, SAT verbal scores over 700 1%, SAT math scores over 700 1%, ACT score

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Having gone to HS in Ithaca, and seen kids trying to get into Cornell, I'm not convinced that's true. I'm convinced that Cornell treats Prof's kids more harshly in admissions because they don't want to pay for half of their tuition. I know a bunch of Prof's kids who got rejected with a guaranteed transfer after one year if they really still wanted to go to Cornell. Didn't see much of that in the kids without ties to Cornell.
Cornell is Ivy League, it's a little bit different. They have much higher standards, and more of a reputation to maintain.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Of course. But I've seen kids without any ties to Cornell get taken over Prof's kids with abilities that I perceived as being about on par a bunch of times.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Bull****.

I once rejected a guy because he didn't bother to wear socks on the interview. He worked in our group, but I told him after the interview (when he found out he didn't get the job) that one of the reasons was that he didn't have any socks on (and wore jeans).

It was a job in business development where he would be talking to VP's high ranking people in companies. Show some respect.

PSP should wear the stars and bars. He seems so convinced that it is not racist that he needs to put his money where his mouth is.
Bingo. Anyone that says clothes don't matter work in a very unprofessional profession.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Of course. But I've seen kids without any ties to Cornell get taken over Prof's kids with abilities that I perceived as being about on par a bunch of times.
They had to do a certain class load with a certain gpa, and do something extra as part of their guaranteed transfer in one year. They didn't follow through on at least one part of it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
They had to do a certain class load with a certain gpa, and do something extra as part of their guaranteed transfer in one year. They didn't follow through on at least one part of it.
I'm not talking about anyone not getting a transfer after being offered a guaranteed one. I'm just talking about kids only getting a guaranteed transfer after one year instead of just getting admitted.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
I'm not talking about anyone not getting a transfer after being offered a guaranteed one. I'm just talking about kids only getting a guaranteed transfer after one year instead of just getting admitted.

I know being their kids they cannot be denied as long as they meet the requirements. They are tied in with the normal legacy. They do have a lot of criteria for admissions that they weight different things on that they don't tell people though. I highly doubt they are weighting them harder because of their status when they still will employ someones spouse even if they -do not- want them working there otherwise.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I know being their kids they cannot be denied as long as they meet the requirements. They are tied in with the normal legacy. They do have a lot of criteria for admissions that they weight different things on that they don't tell people though. I highly doubt they are weighting them harder because of their status when they still will employ someones spouse even if they -do not- want them working there otherwise.
Sure. I'm just speaking from what I've seen. Could be coincidence, could be that I need to take my tin foil hat off, could be that there's some element of truth there. Who knows.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Bull****.

I'm pointing out that it won't matter what he does. He can wear a golden tuxedo and dick it up, I'm sure.