Quantcast

Interview with Landis about Stage 17.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Awesome, thanks for the link. I never look at Bicycling.

"Then, yesterday before the stage I just told him (Zabriskie) what I was going to do. I said, "Listen, man, you better down some Coke. If you've got some caffeine, you better take it now, because I'm going to attack on the first climb." He said, "Man, don't do that. Please. That's a long way." And I said, "I don't care." Because I don't really care about winning a stage, I want to win the whole race. And the only way I was going to get 5 or 6 minutes was to go for it. The odds were against it, but if it was possible that was the way."

:trophy_br :trophy_br :trophy_br :trophy_br :trophy_br

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like the OLN interview right after the stage, he was still all pumped up and pissed off. When they pulled him off the bike at the finish line he seemed upset they made him stop riding.

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
I hope Floyd pulls on yellow tomorrow; he deserves it more than any champion I can think of in the history of the race. And it's about time there was a TdF winner with a twisted sense of humor. I can almost not wait until he retires and OLN can hire him to color-commentate on the Tour with Phil and Paul and Bobke. The commentary will be more entertaining than the race. I liked in the Bicycling interview where Floyd says that Lance used to call him and Zabriskie "Dumb" and "Dumber".