Quantcast

Introducing Ted........as in

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
My Ted Wojcik Full Suspension Bike.

Here's a quick pic:

Older 1998 I believe Ted Wojcik Full Suspension frame which gets 4" of travel believe it or not with a Battle Bikes rear triangle with horst link (Battle Bikes around anymore).

I paid for it over the winter and picked it up from Narlus last Friday. Thanks Narlus!! :thumb:

A lot of cool Sycros components on it including, bars, seatpost, bb, and Syncros Revolution cranks. I added the headset, fork and tires and that's about it.

If it works out as planned right now, this very well could be the bike I ride at Dalton.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jackson, it's basically the same design as the old AMP amplifier (but less flexy in the rear due to the square tubing), and the Titus Racer-X.

Mark, lookin' good. :thumb:

that bike served me very well over the years (trips to AZ, tahoe, colorado, 50 mile race, 4 24 races, countless rides in the new england area), and i'm glad to see it's back in service.

i found the other brake arm, but can't find the other barrel adjuster for the levers. i thought it might have fallen out of the box in my trunk, but no luck.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
It has two rings up front - but I can add a third for racing if need be. I rode the Belair with two rings and a bashguard last year at Dalton. And I'm just a beginner lever rider anyway douglas.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Sweet - new bike just in time for the long weekend. Sounds to me like someone has some riding to do!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jacksonpt said:
I know exactly zippo about these bikes - but congrats on the new ride!

Jackson - Ted Wojcik is a custom bike builder out of New Hampshire and he's been building bikes (mainly steel hardtails and road and cross bikes) for 25 years off and on now.

There is a short interview with him in the latest issue of Dirt Rag Magazine.

http://www.dirtragmag.com - look for the link to the Builder Profile.

Douglas - not sure on the weight - but it's lighter than the Hollowpoint by a good 5 or 6 pounds I suspect.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
i think the frame w/ shock was sub 6 pounds. i would guess that it's probably in the 25# range.

Guess who returned my email! Ted wrote back to me last night. Cool stuff.

I got a call from Avid too, and they think they can get me that barrel adjuster, I just need to order via my LBS.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Nice MMcG. I met Ted Wojcik and his whole family @ an xc race in Maine sometime in the early 90's. He seemed like a pretty nice guy at the time. He was building fs bikes then using the actual AMP Research rear end. The most drool worthy bike from that era was a Fat Chance with the AMP rear. I remember MBA reviewing one that was purple paint with all black parts (Grafton, Ringle, and the other cool stuff then) :drool:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
ROCKLAND said:
Nice MMcG. I met Ted Wojcik and his whole family @ an xc race in Maine sometime in the early 90's. He seemed like a pretty nice guy at the time. He was building fs bikes then using the actual AMP Research rear end. The most drool worthy bike from that era was a Fat Chance with the AMP rear. I remember MBA reviewing one that was purple paint with all black parts (Grafton, Ringle, and the other cool stuff then) :drool:

This Battle Bikes rear end is pretty beefy and it's cool that it has the horst link too.

I think I will just run it with V-s in the back. Ted said he could put disc tabs on the back but it's kind of cost prohibitive for me at the moment. So eventually I may run a disc up front and a V in back.

It's got a Risse shock on it, so hopefully down the road if anything happens to the current shock, they'll be able to help me out with a repair or replacement. Ted said there may be some other shocks that will fit as well. I have to send him a photo of the bike for him to give me the full scoop.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
hey mark - tell ted i said hello when you talk to him next.

I'll let him know that you were the previous owner when I speak with him. :thumb:

Just for kicks I asked him about how much a hardtail designed around something like a fox vanilla would cost......ouch. But he sure does do nice work!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
just because teh bike is a classic doesn't mean it's decked out w/ garish tastes. for the record, i never did have any purple anodized parts on any of my bikes.

blue, on the other hand...

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
narlus said:
just because teh bike is a classic doesn't mean it's decked out w/ garish tastes. for the record, i never did have any purple anodized parts on any of my bikes.

blue, on the other hand...
Me too. Never purple, but had a blue ano phase. I blame the Yeti team of the day.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
I never have either, actually. Except maybe der pulleys on my old rigid. :think: But purple ano still kicks ass!

-S.S.-

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
Whenever I start feeling like I go through too many bikes, I just take comfort that there are MMcG's in the world :D
hahaha - what about Instigator - he's been through more bikes in one year than I'll probably ever go through in my lifetime!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well, the bashguard is red ano.

on my blue canny, i rocked:

- blue ringle water cage
- blue real brake levers
- blue SRP crank caps

i think that's it. oh yeah, the wife got a blue CK headset for a bike.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
well, the bashguard is red ano.

on my blue canny, i rocked:

- blue ringle water cage
- blue real brake levers
- blue SRP crank caps

i think that's it. oh yeah, the wife got a blue CK headset for a bike.
Oh Snap you are right - but it's a well used Red Ano! ;)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
It's got a Risse shock on it, so hopefully down the road if anything happens to the current shock, they'll be able to help me out with a repair or replacement. Ted said there may be some other shocks that will fit as well. I have to send him a photo of the bike for him to give me the full scoop.
get the i2i and stroke on that shock and check with cane creek. They offer a sweet trade up program. Basically, you send them any rear shock (probably has to be in good working order), and they give you a discount on their shocks... the AD12 or the Cloud 9 I think it is... been a while since I looked into it, but if I recall correctly, the pricess are pretty good.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jacksonpt said:
get the i2i and stroke on that shock and check with cane creek. They offer a sweet trade up program. Basically, you send them any rear shock (probably has to be in good working order), and they give you a discount on their shocks... the AD12 or the Cloud 9 I think it is... been a while since I looked into it, but if I recall correctly, the pricess are pretty good.
It is a pretty unique shock mounting system on this frame - I doubt Cane Creek makes anything compatible.

I can still get this shock worked on or maybe even replaced if need be from Risse at some point. But right now it's rockin like Dokken. :thumb: