Quantcast

Introduction

KMR

Chimp
Oct 15, 2007
Winston-Salem
Hello,

My name is Chris and I moved to Winston-Salem from Detroit. I was know up there on the MMBA boards as Crispy. Just wanted to introduce myself. I rode in Pisgah last weekend during my fall break and am excited to be living closer to that place! I am interested in taking my DJ bike out to hobby park and seeing someone hit that drop at SL.

I have a bike team sponsored by Kona called Kona Midwest Racing.

Just for fun if you go to our team's site:

www.konamidwestracing.com and go to photos then to Pisgah 2006 and tell me what trail I am riding in picture 15 i.e. the 2nd one after the pancake where I am dropping a rock I will send you out some Kona stuff. First correct response wins!

Well I hope that is a pretty good introduction and I look forward to riding and digging with you guys!

Later,

-Crispy-

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
That would be Bennet Gap, which is open for bikes as of today.
Cool pics.
Actually Jack, you don't get full credit for going into enough detail.

That is the rock that me and Herndon cleared off and ripped a live and growing rhododendron off of when I spotted. Rather than do it first, I goaded the grom (back then) Herndon into doing it first on his Enduro before I huckered it on my Uzzi.

Third person to lay seed off of it was Joe Moore...who actually gapped out past a massive rock in the middle of it all...while tail tapping (intentionally) it.

The 4th person to drop it....Fred.
5th - Some cute chick from SC on a 5 inch white/orange old school Enduro.

It's also the trail intersection of the most fun trail we can never shuttle again thanks to a bunch of goons rippin' it a new one during the non-seasonal dates!!! :disgust:

But I guess you can give Jack the prize...since he lives a block away from you. :imstupid:

KMR

Chimp
Oct 15, 2007
Winston-Salem
Yep that would be Bennet Gap and I agree it is right before that intersection at Perry's cove. So I'll give it to AMS, but bizutch your description is more enlightening!

What shuttle are you referring to?

AMS, shoot me a PM and I will send you out some stuff and thanks for checking out my pics. Do you live in WS? Do you ride out of Mock Orange.

Later.... -C-

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Yep that would be Bennet Gap and I agree it is right before that intersection at Perry's cove. So I'll give it to AMS, but bizutch your description is more enlightening!

What shuttle are you referring to?

AMS, shoot me a PM and I will send you out some stuff and thanks for checking out my pics. Do you live in WS? Do you ride out of Mock Orange.

Later.... -C-
Yeah...Perry Cove. Gone from MTB riding thanks to some off season huckers.

Yes, AMS lives in Winston and is loving every minute of it:busted:

Actually, he used to live a lot closer to the mtns/pisgah (10 minutes away) so you figure out if my first sentance is true.

KMR - Good to e-meet you. Why oh why would you move to Winston?? Work for a Bank or a tobacco company? If you don't smoke and are single you might as well start looking for a transfer. I was there for 4 years too many, but at least you are close to the NC mtns.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Farlow = :cupidarrow:

Referring to one of your pics, in which your riding the first rock garden on farlow gap...so it wasn't totally random

KMR

Chimp
Oct 15, 2007
Winston-Salem
Thanks for all the replies!

Chris, I am planning to come to Windrock and ride with you all. Only way I won't be there is if I have a Finance exam that Monday which is still being decided. Amanda said I could just study during the shuttles though!!

-C-

p.s. how is your leg?

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Thanks for all the replies!

Chris, I am planning to come to Windrock and ride with you all. Only way I won't be there is if I have a Finance exam that Monday which is still being decided. Amanda said I could just study during the shuttles though!!

-C-

p.s. how is your leg?

Good deal. Make sure we know if you are coming since the early shuttle trips to the top will be full. You will want a reservation.

Leg is good. I raced the last 2 snowshoe races.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
welcome! i live about 2 miles from SL and i can usually ride on short notice if you're heading out there. i don't do the drop anymore (too many concussions ;) ) but i'll be glad to show you around to the other fun stuff if you haven't found it all already.
for being a fairly flat area, WS/Triad area, has a pretty decent riding scene.
welcome to the club!

-tubby