Quantcast

Invading the PNW, do i need to get my shots?

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
:)

i'll be in whistler from august 28 through sept 6th.

probably be looking to ride the sunday, mon and tues. my friend will probably be up for riding the whole week.
i'm going to try to talk Roasted into showing us around sunday.
I'll be racing the 24 solo on sept 4th and 5th so swing by and give me a cheer.
i've got map of the trails and will probably want to 'hit' all the sexually suggestive named trails, for a little action.
anyhoo if any monkeys are around it'd me cool to meet y'all.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
The Toninator said:

probably be looking to ride the sunday, mon and tues. my friend will probably be up for riding the whole week.
i've got map of the trails and will probably want to 'hit' all the sexually suggestive named trails, for a little action.
Like I mentioned in the Lounge....hit the XC trails if you have the time :thumb:

I'll be riding at Sun Peaks that weekend or I'd join ya :)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
The Toninator said:

Shouldn't be a problem. I am in town that weekend but will be working days. So I can show you around in the evening. You might have to ride slow for me though ;)...I doubt my endurance is up to par ;)....any trails you wanna hit I can show you, although foreplay (that was the first one that came to mind about 'sexually suggestive' haha) is a one way now and starts in wedge and is about 25km of pure brutal single track (up the side of blackcomb and then down an old trail nicknames foreplay):)

Besides I can show you the approx course. I think they have added a lot of new sections for the 24 hour race. There is a good length of new singletrack added for no apparent reason. Even a new bridge (real sized) to bypass the 'touristy' spots of the lostlake section of your race.

Cheers

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
The Toninator said:
thanks i'm all xc dog, i dont do none of the woossie dh/fr stuff. if you dont ride up it, it aint worth coming down :thumb:

heheh
hey whats Sun Peaks?
Ha!

Sunpeaks.....not sure, this will be my first time there....but I hear it's amazing natural terrain :heart:

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Snacks said:
Ha!

Sunpeaks.....not sure, this will be my first time there....but I hear it's amazing natural terrain :heart:
If you don't mind a long pedal and some nice scenic dh try Oasis in Rossland if you are a road trip type person.

Some sweet action in pemberton too as well as the best xc in the area in Squamish. (almost makes me wish I drove to get to all these places more often)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Yeah, you are about 50ft from the village. You could probably launch a football onto the patio of blacks. You are close to the blackcomb and whistler lifts :)

And the restaurant there isn't too shabby either ;)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
You'll actually be in the PSW but we're a freindly lot so they make their home in this forum. i actually adore Canadians myself (except Mmike of course), i love em as much as i hate Texans. :D ;)
Have a blast at the race man, and welcome to the land where there's such a thing called elevation.:)

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
There's some very sweet trails in the Whistler valley to keep you busy. I'd recomend getting to Pemberton also. It's a stunning valley and the views from the trails add to the fact that the trails kick ass. I love riding there (and also don't ride there often enough).