Quantcast

Inversion tables?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Had back surgery about five years ago, recently re-hurt my back riding bikes in the woods... feels like the same pain I had before I got surgery, herniated disc/nerve pain.

I've been looking into these tables, will probably get one but can't afford/don't want to spend a ton of dough.

I'd like to hear from other people that may have some experience with bad/sore backs and these inversion tables.

bacon.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I used to get back spasms so bad that I couldn't walk or move but my inversion table allowed me to get through the pain and get me standing up right again.
They're not for everyone but it sure helps/helped me

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Foam roller first. Try a couple different firmness ratings.

Oh, and a GOOD chiropractor. Followed by a strict regimen of strengthening exercises for spinal support muscles.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Don't remember the brand I had but I started off using it for 20mins at a time followed by some stretches (if i was able to.)
The debilitating back spasms went away after I started strengthing my back muscles.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I do bikram yoga often. I'm limber/have core strength. I just did 8 days in a row of bikram because I can't ride my bike (gotta do something).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I herniated a disc a few months back, worst pain I've felt in a long time. The best part was my left leg would go numb when sitting for more than 20 minutes at a time.

Pull ups do help, but I have been watching CL for one of the Teeter setups and might get one to try out.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I slipped a disc a few years ago while installing a motor in an old corvette. Went through spinal decompression therapy and was completely off my pain meds by the third session. Was completely pain free by the 5th session.

Over time, some of the pain returned. I picked up an inversion table from big 5 sporting goods for $100. I use it at least 3-4x a week. No back pain anymore. On weeks where I forget to use it at least once, I definitely don't feel comfortable.

When/if you buy one, don't go to full inversion right away; work your way up to it over a few weeks.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
That is what I want to get back to doing WCH!

currently, I can't sit down without pain. I can't ride.

Must.Fix.Back.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Back is feeling MUCH better today. I have been doing NOTHING and I'm sure it's helping.

I did order an inversion table and it should be here today.

I looked at one that was on sale at the Big 5 but it was the last one/demo model and I didn't feel like trying to take it apart/fit it into my car. I purchased one from Amazon for 99 bucks. then paid 58 bucks for tax/shipping....