Quantcast

iPhone 5, and I don't care

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
i heard itll be as cheap as the 3GS is...$50 or so i think
$99...the 3GS will be free.

"Prices for the iPhone 4S are as follows: $199 for 16 gigabytes of storage, $299 for 32 GB, and $399 for 64 GB. There will be an iPhone 4 with 8 GB for $99. And there will be an iPhone 3GS for… free, with a two-year contract."

My original 3G iPhone is starting to show it's age. Main button has to be pressed very hard. Vibrate swich is completely broken and will randomly turn ringer on and off. And you have to put the power cable in it just right for it to start taking a charge.

Anyway, I've been waiting for the new phone to come out so the price of the i4 will be driven way down and I can get an upgrade for cheap... so I'm pretty pumped about it :)
Not being a dick, but why would you want an old phone to save $100 when you are spending $80/month for a smart phone?

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/02/news/companies/elkind_jobs.fortune/index.htm

He would have lived years more if he used real treatment rather than letting the cancer grow an extra 9 months playing with placebos.
Or maybe his beliefs helped facilitate a realization of the inevitable and He let go of fear and manned up to the reality of his situation. I'm done wasting my time here as I suspect you don't have any idea of what I am talking about and I mean that in a polite way..... Peace to you and Mr. Jobs...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Or maybe his beliefs helped facilitate a realization of the inevitable and He let go of fear and manned up to the reality of his situation. I'm done wasting my time here as I suspect you don't have any idea of what I am talking about and I mean that in a polite way..... Peace to you and Mr. Jobs...
And this.

While I'm not a Mac geek, I grew up with an Apple 2E, the first Mac, and a host of others. Jobs was a brilliant man who did more for PC's and technology than most anyone. It's sad to see him go.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I need geek help please.
Let me preface this by saying I am pretty much the opposite of a tech geek. My phone is not a smart one, I do not own a portable mp3 player, my digital camera is ancient and only shoots in bigfoot sighting mode. I do not own a laptop etc....
So here are my current needs:
I need a smart phone.
I need a portable MP3 player.
I need a decent point and shoot camera, and camcorder.
And a work related one, I need a mobile device for when I am meeting a client where I can change his health or life quote right on the spot without having to rerun it later.

I am thinking instead of buying these items separately, I could get everything I need in a smartphone.
I can pay more money for a good smartphone but save money by not having to buy the rest of that $hit.
I am with t-mobile and I have been since way back when they were Suncom. We have unlimited service with them which t-mobile grandfathered us in on with the buyout. So, I am staying with them.
Next week, T-mobile is launching the Samsung Galaxy S II, and I am planning on buying it.
Good choice, bad choice? Give me advice....please.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
what about a tablet? I find doing any work on my HTC thunderbolt to be tedious and difficult. The larger screen real estate of the ipad is really pretty decent, especially when it comes to trying to use it for anything.

That being said, android is pretty decent, and the Galaxy S is supposed to be a great phone. Isn't there a google phone, the Nexus or something, that's supposed to be fully featured? Might be worth a thought.

I would avoid HTC as the battery life SUCKS.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
What about me? I am definitely getting an Iphone, but should I get the 4 or the 4s?

I am a heavy user, but I don't need every gadget.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I love my Galaxy S and will likely upgrade to the S2 if they make it available for Verizon in 6 months. I do a damn lot with my phone and the only thing I don't like is the battery life. I need to upgrade that, then I will have zero complaints. The screen is in credible and so is the camera.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
What's the 13th step for technology addiction? In AA the 13th step was seducing the hot, fragile drunken girls who came in after a bad bout with the booze. What do you do to get over your iPhone jonses?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
What's the 13th step for technology addiction? In AA the 13th step was seducing the hot, fragile drunken girls who came in after a bad bout with the booze. What do you do to get over your iPhone jonses?
You get to share a $20 rock with Larry the guy from the Bus stop. Watch him because he will Bogart the whole thing if you don't...

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
$99...the 3GS will be free.

"Prices for the iPhone 4S are as follows: $199 for 16 gigabytes of storage, $299 for 32 GB, and $399 for 64 GB. There will be an iPhone 4 with 8 GB for $99. And there will be an iPhone 3GS for… free, with a two-year contract."

Not being a dick, but why would you want an old phone to save $100 when you are spending $80/month for a smart phone?
Apple is offering an unlocked iPhone 4S without a contract starting at $649.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Apple is offering an unlocked iPhone 4S without a contract starting at $649.
:disgust1:

I would never pay MORE for a phone than I pay for a desktop/laptop computer. $200 is too much for me, I would be willing to pay $200 for my Galaxy S knowing what I am getting (mine was free). But no way in hell would I pay something north of that for a phone.

I guess I am just a cheap bastard.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

:disgust1:

I would never pay MORE for a phone than I pay for a desktop/laptop computer. $200 is too much for me, I would be willing to pay $200 for my Galaxy S knowing what I am getting (mine was free). But no way in hell would I pay something north of that for a phone.

I guess I am just a cheap bastard.
thats the price for a for without a contract. its still the same price as the phone you mentioned with a contract

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

thats the price for a for without a contract. its still the same price as the phone you mentioned with a contract
I paid $0 (plus free shipping and activation) with a contract for 2 phones. I said I might be willing to pay $200 for my phone stand alone, but could not see myself paying that much for a phone AND be tied for 2 years.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And it looks like Verizon made a drug deal with Motorola to NOT carry the Galaxy S2 so they can sell the Droid Bionic. Got good reviews, I'm still a year out from an upgrade anyway.