Quantcast

iPhone iDiocy in cEntury cIty

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm as big of an apple fan boy as they come.
And I have 0 interest in the iPad or the new iPhone. I say this as I type on my Macbook and check my Iphone for messages. Sometimes **** just becomes useless and redundant. If I could hear my calls and check my facebook I'd be happy.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Just got mine today...but I was still rockin the OG edge version, so I figured it was time for an upgrade. I pre-ordered and had it shipped to me though. No waiting, no hassle.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so all those people in line actually think they are going to be getting one?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I know everyone likes to hate on Apple but damn do they have a loyal following. I'm sure other companies wish they had 1/100th the brand loyalty of Apple.
I still have a PC, but was sold on an iPod when it came out and the iPhone. I think the one thing that really like is the build quality. To me, it's nicer than anything else out there. All the other phones are plastic. I have a blackberry for work that I use everyday and still prefer the iPhone.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I have a Blackberry for work and also prefer the iPhone.
Build quality is indeed top notch and I prefer OS and user interface above every other phone or mp3 player Ive ever owned or tried.

I lost my iPhone 3G and Im definitely gonna get the new one in time.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I have a Blackberry for work and also prefer the iPhone.
Build quality is indeed top notch and I prefer OS and user interface above every other phone or mp3 player Ive ever owned or tried.

I lost my iPhone 3G and Im definitely gonna get the new one in time.
Blackberry's are garbage. I've gone through 3 of them, now this one is starting to break.
My iPod is still going strong after 3 years, even though I abused it a lot more than the Blackberry.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Mine broke down after 3 days, got a new one trhough my companys insurance.
Now this one keeps freezing on me a couple of times a week and has to reboot for like 15to 20 minutes every time it happens.
A new one should arrive this week, that will be nr 3 in a little over 3 months

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
hated my blackberry. it froze and locked all the time and the trackball sucked. Verizon said "The Tour isn't supposed to do that." Well it did. Broke my contract and got a Droid; it isn't perfect, but it is good.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I pre ordered mine at Best Buy last week. Just went and picked it up during my lunch hour. Took 20 min.

First phone I've bought sight unseen (I had previous iphone though). Timing was good. My old phone broke two days ago.

I predict that I will be dropping this new phone within 3 days. Either that or spill a drink on it.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I pre ordered mine at Best Buy last week. Just went and picked it up during my lunch hour. Took 20 min.

First phone I've bought sight unseen (I had previous iphone though). Timing was good. My old phone broke two days ago.

I predict that I will be dropping this new phone within 3 days. Either that or spill a drink on it.
I'm handling it with kid gloves until I can get some form of case on it, but I'm scared to even approach an Apple store to see what my options are.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I'm as big of an apple fan boy as they come.
And I have 0 interest in the iPad or the new iPhone. I say this as I type on my Macbook and check my Iphone for messages. Sometimes **** just becomes useless and redundant. If I could hear my calls and check my facebook I'd be happy.
3gs muthafvcka!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
mandown is slowly approaching "old school loco" status, and that's not a good place to be.
Ahha, you nailed the tone. I quite couldn't put my finger on it.

/me has not pre-ordered an iPhone 4 and was not in the lines, or, as New Yorkers say, "waiting on the line." That said, both my wife and I should have 'em in our sweaty little paws by winter.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i saw a guys iphone that had a chunk of the screen missing at the top.....other than that he said it worked fine.

I know everyone likes to hate on Apple but damn do they have a loyal following. I'm sure other companies wish they had 1/100th the brand loyalty of Apple.
if it were not for at&t.....i'd have one.

i may get one when the contract on my evo 4G is up in two years.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
whereas AT&T sucks donkey balls for service in the mountains where I live and Ride and I watched my bosses AT&T serviced phone drop 5 calls in a row until I handed him my Verizon phone to finish the call

I don't think I will be pwned by apple anytime soon

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida

Drop it INTO the drink! iPhone Top Kill!

Yes, Mandown is getting annoying.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
American Consumerism never ceases to amaze me.

PS. Verizon sent out an update for the HTC Eris's almost 2 moths ago and totally F'ed up my phone. No lie, I've recieved 6 replacement phones from them. Finally they upgraded me to an HTC Incredible that is coming today.