Quantcast

Ipod Cracking

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I loaned a couple hundred bucks to a guy I know to pay his rent. I asked that he leave his 30GB Video iPod with me as collateral. He complained, but brought it to me later, screen locked. Ha. I'm curious to see what kind of bizarre midget pron he's got floating around on the thing. Is there a Mac utility that I can use to see the invisible files on the iPod?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
If you have access to the original computer it was sync'd with you can pulg it in there and use iTunes to unlock it.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I sync'd it originally. He's added to it at work I think. (He doesn't have a computer at home) I plugged it into my machine and listened to some of his music through iTunes last night. How would I unlock the screen?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
don't bother unlocking it. just copy everything in ipod control (w/appropriate case and underscore, poke around the ipod in the terminal under /Volumes/ipodnamehere) and make it visible

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Toshi said:
don't bother unlocking it. just copy everything in ipod control (w/appropriate case and underscore, poke around the ipod in the terminal under /Volumes/ipodnamehere) and make it visible
Thanks T!