Quantcast

IPod FM transmitters

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
I finally picked up an IPod Nano the other day...sure has been easy and fun to get this thing going, and enjoyed having the tunes on a long solo ride earlier this week.

So I'd like to expand its capabilities with an FM transmitter of some sort...so I can play the IPod in the car or even potentially on my home stereo (probably just get a cable for that though).

Funny to see the FM transmitters on the Apple Store web site for like $80, then see the same thing all over Ebay and places for $20.

But what ones work well, and what ones suck? Where to buy from? Any help there fellas?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
they all suck. as the thread you find demonstrates i ended up going with an aux in after trying a FM transmitter. it was unacceptable. on the other hand, i don't listen to the radio, either, as i find its quality unacceptable likewise.

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Hmmm, that link BV posted seemed to have some decent reviews on some. The Belkin looks decent and got an ok review.

I live in da hills, we only get like 6 radio stations on FM anyway. Something must be worth throwing my $30 at...

Never mind about the house use, I'm thinking car use only.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
My monster works well in Montreal. In the UK, it sucked. We had to change channels constantly.

I think the new Monster actually changes channels for you, but I might have just dreamt that.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
We had one (Belkin I think) a couple years ago. It worked okay. I would not use one unless I had to. Fortunately, our newer car came with an audio input (100x better IMO). Go that route if you can. Hell, it's not that hard to wire one up in your car if your stereo can accommodate.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
they all suck. as the thread you find demonstrates i ended up going with an aux in after trying a FM transmitter. it was unacceptable. on the other hand, i don't listen to the radio, either, as i find its quality unacceptable likewise.
:stupid:

We used one on a road trip and no matter what we did we could not get rid of an extremely annoying buzzing sound... we could minimize it by moving the iTrip around in the car, but couldn't eliminate it. It was totally unacceptable. :plthumbsdown: