Quantcast

ipod music transfer question

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Maybe this is a stupid question, but is there any way that I can transfer music files from my ipod to my hard drive?

My computer had some serious issues and I was forced to format the entire thing. I could only save my documents but none of my music. Only a small part of the music was backed up and there is one CD I bought off of itunes that I have no copy of besides on the ipod. It would take me months to actually get all the crap I had back on.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
ephpod or use google intelligently. if you're computer savvy the music is all within

/Volumes/YourIpodName/iPod_Control/Music

copy the FXX folders (where XX is 00 to whatever) and voila, there's your music

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
narlus said:
i thought that simplicity (ie, knowledge of computer sophistication not required for use) was an iPod hallmark? :D
it is... but promoting pirated music is not, that said i am going to go put my eye patch and peg leg on, im outa here :evil:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
i thought that simplicity (ie, knowledge of computer sophistication not required for use) was an iPod hallmark? :D
you already know this, but this limited level of hiding the music is what appeases the music industry... same with FairPlay DRM.