Quantcast

Ipod Roxorz My Pants Off!!!!!

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I once saw a show on TV about an African tribe that would catch monkeys by creating a narrow channel in a rock with a fist size chamber at the end. They would put food in the chamber and the monkey would reach his hand in and grab the food but the monkey fist would not fit through the narrower chamber. The monkey would not release the food so it was stuck.

We have a monkey who comes out of the jungle every time an Ipod thread is posted. Let's see if we can catch him.

:dancing:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You stupid, brain dead, no taste, sheep following, piss poor interface using, unoriginal, sucked in by fancy marketing, Steve Jobs nut sucking consumer whores!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
stinkyboy said:
I wanna buy a Windows PC, but I wish someone would offer some opinions on why I should... Anyone?
Because you don't want to have to mortgage your house to get a PC
Because you want a machine that can run almost any application out there.
Because function is more important than fashion
Because (before the apple crowd plays it's only card) there really is nothing, video or audio-wise, that an apple can do that a PC can't. (Not even Pixar uses apples)

I Are Baboon said:
You stupid, brain dead, no taste, sheep following, piss poor interface using, unoriginal, sucked in by fancy marketing, Steve Jobs nut sucking consumer whores!
Yeah!

:evil:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Ciaran said:
Because you don't want to have to mortgage your house to get a PC
Because you want a machine that can run almost any application out there.
Because function is more important than fashion
Because (before the apple crowd plays it's only card) there really is nothing, video or audio-wise, that an apple can do that a PC can't. (Not even Pixar uses apples)

Yeah!

:evil:

:stosh:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
BeerDemon said:
Damn, I think he smelled a trap!
i bet he read this thread but just didn't reply

back on topic: the nano makes me all hot and itchy

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah I like the looks of the Nano.

I read an article in the NYtimes that said the Ipod is by far the best digital music player and the best value for the money. They said that the competition was not even close.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Toshi said:
back on topic: the nano makes me all hot and itchy
:stupid:

It will be on my Xmas list. Not that I need a new iPod since my mini works just fine, but the sleek look, size, and 14 hour battery of the Nano has got me drooling.

Hopefully wifey will read this...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I'm going to get a Nano for each arm, and wear my shuffle around my neck, and maybe an Apple trucker hat to complete the look. That will be pretty cool.

:drool:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Slaves! All of you!

Nothing roxors like my walkman. Stores songs in convenient 60, 90, or 120 minute packages. With an aftermarket cable, it can be attached to my bitchin TI 99/4A and used as storage for the cool games I write in Basic, or to save my progress in "Hunt the Wumpus." Plus, when I'm rollerskating on the boardwalk, the bettys go wild at the site of this state of the art piece of portable stereo.

Bow down.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
BikeGeek said:
Slaves! All of you!

Nothing roxors like my walkman. Stores songs in convenient 60, 90, or 120 minute packages. With an aftermarket cable, it can be attached to my bitchin TI 99/4A and used as storage for the cool games I write in Basic, or to save my progress in "Hunt the Wumpus." Plus, when I'm rollerskating on the boardwalk, the bettys go wild at the site of this state of the art piece of portable stereo.

Bow down.
You're a slave to marketing. You should have ignored the marketing hype and got an Ipod, the clear winner in terms of value and performance.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Everybody's buying iPods because they are the best quality and produce a higher sound quality than anything else. It's a no brainer!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stinkyboy said:
Everybody's buying iPods because they are the best quality and produce a higher sound quality than anything else. It's a no brainer!
i hate to flay a supine equine, but the sound quality of the Karma is better than the iPod, at least in the direct head-to-head comparison i did.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
narlus said:
i hate to flay a supine equine, but the sound quality of the Karma is better than the iPod, at least in the direct head-to-head comparison i did.
I think we just caught one.

likwid

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
iRiver, cheaper, same quality as an iPod, and no retarded "applecare" fee you have to pay incase the stupid thing dies.

also Apple computers: the land of no upgrade path.
once its old
its in the trash

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
likwid said:
iRiver, cheaper, same quality as an iPod, and no retarded "applecare" fee you have to pay incase the stupid thing dies.

once its old
its in the trash
Two monkies in the cage.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
narlus said:
facts get in the way sometimes, don't they?
Maybe if you had read between the lines you would have realized that we are just posting BS in this thread.

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
likwid said:

once its old
its in the trash
holla the iriver is the shiz you can organize the music the way you want. none of the crappy select genre or artist and then listen to all the music alphabetically.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
face said:
holla the iriver is the shiz you can organize the music the way you want. none of the crappy select genre or artist and then listen to all the music alphabetically.
I had an iRiver, but I loaded it up with songs, and it got really really hot, so I took it out of my pocket and put it on my kitchen table and the headphones melted. iRiver's suck!

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
face said:
Don't fall for the iriver marketing hype. I heard they get hot and generate microwaves that will make you sterile if you have them in your pocket for too long.

likwid

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
BeerDemon said:
Two monkies in the cage.
Sorry, got a G4 sitting behind me for vid editing. :nope:

I'm just stating fact.

PS: Microsoft is a majority shareholder in Apple.
Just thought I'd remind you. :thumb:

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
BeerDemon said:
Don't fall for the iriver marketing hype. I heard they get hot and generate microwaves that will make you sterile if you have them in your pocket for too long.
thats true but its only a minor problem they're working on fixing that with next years models

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
likwid said:

once its old
its in the trash
Fished in!

Attachments

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
likwid said:
Sorry, got a G4 sitting behind me for vid editing. :nope:

I'm just stating fact.

PS: Microsoft is a majority shareholder in Apple.
Just thought I'd remind you. :thumb:
facts don't belong in this thread. but just for the record microsoft is NOT the majority shareholder in apple (not "a", can't have two majorities :nuts: ): they invested $150m iirc about 8? years ago, and have since divested.