Quantcast

Ipod shuffle?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I want one. It's cheaper than almost any other mp3 player of it's size and is tough as nails. Plus the software is the best you can get. I wouldn't look at the screen anyhow, so I don't really care about he lack of one.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
too many moving parts w/ minidiscs, i'd think. solid state is the way to go for sound equipment which might see some knocks. plus it's smaller.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
dump said:
My brother's arrived today - mine should be here soon.
My brother's did arrive yesterday! We were at a show so we didn't set it up, but the packaging of the iAudio5 and the design, weight, etc is so kicks some serious ass.

He said he'd do a proper review complete w/ pictures... when he does, I'll post it up here. I can't wait for mine to arrive.

here's the entire gallery:
http://www.jetaudio.com/products/iaudio/5/photo.html

- moni

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Hey Dump, could you point me to more info on the iAudio5? I've been looking at the Jet Audio page, but there really isn't that much info there. I'm trying to compare the 5 to the U2.

Thanks.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
BikeGeek said:
Hey Dump, could you point me to more info on the iAudio5? I've been looking at the Jet Audio page, but there really isn't that much info there. I'm trying to compare the 5 to the U2.

Thanks.

what info specifically are you looking for?
The main differences I see are:

U2:
internal battery (like ishuffle)
slightly smaller physical size
smaller screen

iAudio5:
AAA battery
slightly larger physical size
larger screen, w/ 256 background colors.

you can find info on the iAudio5 here... click the links below the image:
http://www.jetaudio.com/products/iaudio/5/

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
dump said:
The main differences I see are:<snip>
Thanks. I found some reviews earlier that were very helpful. I think I may go with the 5 simply because of the battery. Did you receive yours yet?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
BikeGeek said:
Thanks. I found some reviews earlier that were very helpful. I think I may go with the 5 simply because of the battery. Did you receive yours yet?

i did & love it... seriously kicks ass.