Quantcast

Iraq is just like WWII

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/08/30/bush.ap/index.html

Facing a public increasingly wary of his war policies, President Bush declared Tuesday that America cannot rest until its freedom is secure and likened his spreading-democracy vision to Franklin D. Roosevelt's.
"As we mark this anniversary, we are again a nation at war. Once again war came to our shores with a surprise attack that killed thousands in cold blood," he said at a naval base here, referring to September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

He said that as in the time of World War II, the United States now faces "a ruthless enemy" and "once again we will not rest until victory is America's and our freedom is secure."
"Franklin Roosevelt refused to accept that democracy was finished," Bush said. "His optimism reflected his belief that the enemy's will to power could not withstand our will to live in freedom."
Fantastic. He has finally figured it out. Next thing he needs to say "I'm a super genius." Then all will be right with the world.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There is at least one good similarity. WWII we had a pres who was physically challenged, now we have one that is mentally challenged.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
President Bush declared Tuesday that America cannot rest until its freedom is secure
He's telling you to get rid of him, but no-one is doing it!

"Kill me!" cried George Bush, "Let me out of this crazy job!" - after commiting vast attocities on the international front on terror, but failing to gain more than even a tiny decrease in his popularity, George Bush is facing up to the fact that he might have to serve the complete length of his Presidency.

Initially planning to shock the public into impeaching him for sacrificing 2000 troops in order to facilitate netting over $16Bln in extra profits for his immediate family and friend's business concerns alone, killing hundreds of thosands of foreign nationals, and showing the west wasn't aboive a bit of good ol' torture, he had wanted to flee the presidency in favour of jetsetting and enjoying the high life of multimillionare playboy before even chicks you had to pay for found him to old and ugly to touch.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I do not think he was comparing Iraq to WW2, that was comentary added in by CNN (thank you deceptive libral media) It seemed that he was comparing himself to FDR.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TheMontashu said:
I do not think he was comparing Iraq to WW2, that was comentary added in by CNN (thank you deceptive libral media) It seemed that he was comparing himself to FDR.
Even funnier!

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
TheMontashu said:
bwahahahahahaha!! liberal media. that's pretty funny. bet you think that Fox is the only news station that's Fair and Balanced, too. :thumb:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
dante said:
bwahahahahahaha!! liberal media. that's pretty funny. bet you think that Fox is the only news station that's Fair and Balanced, too. :thumb:
No fox is conservative they are not fair and balanced that is why I watch both CNN and Fox to try and get both sides of the story, to left and right wing. That way I can form opinions one something based not on 1 sides bias but after seing both sides biases

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Sorry TheMontashu, Watching Fox and CNN in order to get a balaced view is like visiting Texas and Florida and hoping to get a balaced view of the US population. You'd never know San Francisco existed.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I wish I didn't know san fran existed there is nothing to do there, there is to much crime, and to much homlessnes. That is libralism for you, look at all the nvery libral arias and how many social problems there are.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
TheMontashu said:
I wish I didn't know san fran existed there is nothing to do there, there is to much crime, and to much homlessnes. That is libralism for you, look at all the nvery libral arias and how many social problems there are.
HAhahahaaaaaa. You've got to be kidding me. There is tons to do here, and suprisingly little crime. Are we talking about the same city?

I won't argue with the homelessness, but I would take a few bums and street people over the violent crime and race issues that other cities have to deal with. It's certainly the safest city in the US that I've been to, except maybe Seattle.

What "social problems" are you referring to?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
ohio said:
HAhahahaaaaaa. You've got to be kidding me. There is tons to do here, and suprisingly little crime. Are we talking about the same city?

I won't argue with the homelessness, but I would take a few bums and street people over the violent crime and race issues that other cities have to deal with. It's certainly the safest city in the US that I've been to, except maybe Seattle.

I think he is talking about the "gays".

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
DRB said:
I think he is talking about the "gays".
I am for gay marrage and have nothing against gay people in fact 2 of good friends are gay, do what you damn well please its a free country.
ohio said:

social problems as in substans abuse and drug problems such as that, as well as the police there spending an exorbanant(SP?) amount of time messing with kids who are out at night. what about the 29th or 49th one of the 2 street crips, one of the most violent gangs in the country.

As far as things to do I have alot of friends in the city and can never seem to find things to do besides go out to the beach.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
The only similarities are 1) There are bullets, and there are bullets everywhere, so...

2) America is involved in the fighting. Which again with your recent record isn't too shocking...

Aside from that... Nothing.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
TheMontashu said:
Oh man...

That's like me saying "all americans are stupid."

It's a massive generalization that is clearly not true.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
DRB said:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/08/30/bush.ap/index.html

Facing a public increasingly wary of his war policies, President Bush declared Tuesday that America cannot rest until its freedom is secure and likened his spreading-democracy vision to Franklin D. Roosevelt's.

Quote:
"As we mark this anniversary, we are again a nation at war. Once again war came to our shores with a surprise attack that killed thousands in cold blood," he said at a naval base here, referring to September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

He said that as in the time of World War II, the United States now faces "a ruthless enemy" and "once again we will not rest until victory is America's and our freedom is secure."

Quote:
"Franklin Roosevelt refused to accept that democracy was finished," Bush said. "His optimism reflected his belief that the enemy's will to power could not withstand our will to live in freedom."

Fantastic. He has finally figured it out. Next thing he needs to say "I'm a super genius." Then all will be right with the world.
1.) I can most definitely rest. Under Bush's rule I'm not even that free in the US, why should I care about Iraq? Under Saddam there was a surprising amount of freedom that no longer exists because of Shiite/ Sunni conflict.

2.) Comparing it to WWII? Does it matter that at this point we have killed more civilians than we could have ever possible saved? There are two things military that I have great admiration for: the noble will to fight in WWI/II and the F-14 Tomcat for the sole fact that my dad helped design it. The Iraq war was under no stretch of the imagination defensive, and has no noble cause.

3.) Of course "democracy is never finished." The whole point of an ideal democracy is self improvement; if we were perfect there would be no need for the system. Unfortunately too many Americans already think that we are perfect, and therefor go out unto the world and make everyone else perfect.

4.) As for Bush being a super-genius, today I heard him say that it would take years to recover from Katrina. Talk about a profit from God.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
TheMontashu said:
Personally, I hate the all the Asians living in SF which are diluting America with their work ethic, food, and hot babes...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The only thing to consider:

As of the end of July, the active-duty Army had signed up only 55,207 -- far short of its goal of 80, 000 by the end of the fiscal year in September.

Number of Military inductions in 1943: 3,323,970

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
To me, S.F. is crime free considering the last two places I lived was Hartford and, uh, New Orleans.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
TheMontashu said:
I donno I have sevral friends that go to a private school in SF that was in earshot of 5 shootings last year.

my sister is pregnant. and one of my cousins is pregnant too.
thus, i deduct, every woman in the world must be pregnant too.

its also false there is people with red hair. i have black hair and 20 people i know have black hair.
its impossible people with red hair exist. :p

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Westy said:
There is at least one good similarity. WWII we had a pres who was physically challenged, now we have one that is mentally challenged.
LOL! Go shrub!

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
ALEXIS_DH said:
my sister is pregnant. and one of my cousins is pregnant too.
thus, i deduct, every woman in the world must be pregnant too.

its also false there is people with red hair. i have black hair and 20 people i know have black hair.
its impossible people with red hair exist. :p
I am not saying all of frisco is 1 giant gang war but be real I'm alot safer on the streets in little sheltered rich eastbay town where I live than in SF