Quantcast

Iraq wants a timetable

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/11/22/iraq.conference.ap/index.html

Reaching out to the Sunni Arab community, Iraqi leaders called for a timetable for the withdrawal of U.S.-led forces
Smart. They needed to start trying to take this over for themselves. BUT the second part of the sentence is dangerous.

and said Iraq's opposition had a "legitimate right" of resistance.
"Though resistance is a legitimate right for all people, terrorism does not represent resistance. Therefore, we condemn terrorism and acts of violence, killing and kidnapping targeting Iraqi citizens and humanitarian, civil, government institutions, national resources and houses of worships," the document said.
Attacks on the Iraqi and US military were purposely omitted. It seems to me that its just allows anyone to lobbing suicide bombers anytime someone gets disgruntled. And if it's legitimate does that mean its not in violation of other laws?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
fluff said:
Well they did say terrorism and acts of violence were verboten...
Maybe I am reading this wrong.

that insurgents should not be labeled as terrorists if their operations do not target innocent civilians or institutions designed to provide for the welfare of Iraqi citizens.
Of course they could be talking about leaflet campaigns and petition drives BUT somehow I don't think so. And what is an innocent civilian? If they are guilty of being for the other side does that make them guilty and a legitimate target?

In Egypt, the final communique's attempt to define terrorism omitted any reference to attacks against U.S. or Iraqi forces. Delegates from across the political and religious spectrum said the omission was intentional.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
firetoole said:
it's not like a time table will change anything...

We won't have "X" done by "Y" so "Z YAH!"
I fixed your post.