Quantcast

irc tires

Endo Verendo

Chimp
Mar 8, 2002
Studio City, CA
I used the Serac's about 2 years ago for a few months. They were fast and hooked up great, except on higher speed turns where they broke unpredictably. I'm now running IRC Trailbears which are firkin amazing. I really haven't thought about my tires since I slapped them on a couple months ago.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Indie python do not have the grip of Seracs there's a reason why there are so many tires in the world because Hutchinson isn't the only good tire.

I'm using Irc serac 2" UST tires and they're are the best alround XC tire they work great in everything and roll really fast and don't seem to wear out fast i haven't seen any wear yet but i never got to use them much before winter but usaully i'd see wear on tires i had used that much. Just make sure you get 2" not the 1.9" tires. You'll love the i promise

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by JMAC
Indie python do not have the grip of Seracs there's a reason why there are so many tires in the world because Hutchinson isn't the only good tire.

I'm using Irc serac 2" UST tires and they're are the best alround XC tire they work great in everything and roll really fast and don't seem to wear out fast i haven't seen any wear yet but i never got to use them much before winter but usaully i'd see wear on tires i had used that much. Just make sure you get 2" not the 1.9" tires. You'll love the i promise
keep in mind that you have ust though.

Oh, and compared to my mosquitos, irc (with tubes) is crap. my python seemed to do better than a mythos for maryland conditions. All-around has a different meaning in different climates, especially from baltimore to quebec/wherever the hell youre from, i forget.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta

the phytons got PLENTY of grip, why do you think everyone rips the design off? could go into a lot of detail on this one but i have to keep my mouth shut. oh and you haven't been around long enough to ride enough tires to say what the best all around tires are......i'm not saying the phytons are the best but i know they are good tires. if you want a good all around tire the IRC mythos were great. check them out if you can find em.

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by indieboy
the phytons got PLENTY of grip, why do you think everyone rips the design off? could go into a lot of detail on this one but i have to keep my mouth shut. oh and you haven't been around long enough to ride enough tires to say what the best all around tires are......i'm not saying the phytons are the best but i know they are good tires. if you want a good all around tire the IRC mythos were great. check them out if you can find em.
is there such thing as mythos tubeless?

that would be focking awesome.

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by Big_Papa1080
y not!?? that tire was the shiznit! btw i need a tire that rolls fast but still does a decent job in mud.
mosquito, even though you already have them. im gettin scorpions next, ill tell you about them.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Indie hutchinson makes really good tires but alot of other companys make really good tires. They aren't my first choice because they wear out very fast here. The serac is good in mud to.
Not many people i know use pythons here because they don't have a deep enough tread.

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Indie hutchinson makes really good tires but alot of other companys make really good tires. They aren't my first choice because they wear out very fast here. The serac is good in mud to.
Not many people i know use pythons here because they don't have a deep enough tread.
Which Hutchinsons were you using?

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Echo
I use UST Scorpions, they have great traction but they wear out fast, but to me the performance is worth it :)
those do wear out quickly...... and jmac what the **** are you guys doing to tires up there?!?! i mean i have been training on my mountain bike for the last 3 months on a set of phytons and they aren't that wore out........:rolleyes:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I’ve been sold on the Maxxis Larson Mimo's 2.0 (62a (eXCeption) ) is race day only and weighs only 480 grams. Almost zero rolling resistance. You can get the regular for training or racing it weighs a bit more but lasts longer.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by The Toninator
I’ve been sold on the Maxxis Larson Mimo's 2.0 (62a (eXCeption) ) is race day only and weighs only 480 grams. Almost zero rolling resistance. You can get the regular for training or racing it weighs a bit more but lasts longer.

yeah those were supposed to be good tires supposedly. the boys at maxxis are good guys and got some cool stuff in the works. :cool:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by -BB-
Python:

Serac:

Similar, but NOT the same.
i didn't say they were the same, however you can tell that the continous aggressive ramped center thread that the phyton uses and has ultizied voer a longggggggg time now is definiatly the similar (knocked off) pattern that a bunch of companies have started to come out w/ in the last few years.....bonti, michelin, irc......

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
i didn't say they were the same, however you can tell that the continous aggressive ramped center thread that the phyton uses and has ultizied voer a longggggggg time now is definiatly the similar (knocked off) pattern that a bunch of companies have started to come out w/ in the last few years.....bonti, michelin, irc......
Ok... I'll buy that.

MikeOK

Monkey
Nov 29, 2002
twelve
IRC= I Really Crash

That's what a friend of mine told me one time after I put a set on. I laughed, until one of them came off the rim on a landing and caused me to get a new dent in my helmet...

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by MikeOK
IRC= I Really Crash

That's what a friend of mine told me one time after I put a set on. I laughed, until one of them came off the rim on a landing and caused me to get a new dent in my helmet...
never had anyproblems with mine except for them hitting the chainstays, but that's because i screwed up the hub.

Big_Papa1080

Village Idiot
Dec 10, 2001
Fairbanks, Alaska
the main reason i need new tires is because of g0d damn loose shale. there are some fairly large chunks taken out of my current mosquitos. btw i dont have UST..... yet.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
jmac what the **** are you guys doing to tires up there?!?! i mean i have been training on my mountain bike for the last 3 months on a set of phytons and they aren't that wore out........:rolleyes:
I don't we just have really good trails that have lots of rocks which you have to lock your brakes on some or you will die.:( Anyways I just thick the Serac has a deeper tread so it will dig into mud and loose dirt better. I will likely use Hutchinsons this summer for racing.