Glenarriff Forest Park

Mourne Mountains, Co. Down

Graveyard near Ardmore, Co. Waterford

Cottage driveway, Co. Antrim

Detail of sand, Brittas Bay, Co. Wicklow

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
that one of miles walking along the path is one for the mantel.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it's funny to see the difference a monitor makes...viewing the last photo on my work monitor shows the photo to be really dark. i can't see much detail aside from the water shining on the driveway. is there a good monitor calibration program around?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
it's funny to see the difference a monitor makes...viewing the last photo on my work monitor shows the photo to be really dark. i can't see much detail aside from the water shining on the driveway. is there a good monitor calibration program around?
photoshop should come with a gamma adjustment program. macs use 1.8, pcs are supposed to use 2.2 altho have little consistency in my experience...

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
narlus said:
Yes, there is. It's called Spyder by ColorVision. ~$250

The Cheese

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
just use your eyeball and manually adjust the RGB, gamma, etc.

If you really want it calibrated, print out a sample of color and grey blocks on the printer you'll be using most. That way, it's calibrated to YOUR eye and not some third-party hardware.

PS: LOVE the photos!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Those photos really look good in color. Normally i would only shoot black and white for landscapes, but these would be an exception. :thumb:

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Theres a customer at my shop whos from Ireland, and always talks about how beautiful it is, and always invites me to say with his family there.... I think I will now. It looks amazing

Darkreaper

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Away in the head
Yeah, we do have a fairly beautiful country over here. It almost makes up for all the freakin' rain... almost. Glenarriff Forest Park is wonderful, I did the 4th day of my Duke of Edinburgh hike through there. Did practices through the Mournes, theres some crazy singletrack but the problem is getting up in the first place.