Quantcast

Iron Horse MK3 HELP NEEDED

SinicalJ

Chimp
Jul 8, 2009
Hello and thanks for reading this . I've been riding with all of you for about ten years now but this my first post. Some of you may know me as crazy Jay or the hawaiian shirt guy or just Jay. Last year at diablo I took my nephew for his first dh ride ,I gave him my demo 8 to ride for the day and I rode my mk3 . While showing off at bridge to nowhere, I took a few to many pedal strokes and just about flat bottomed. while I did land it,I was shot out of the woods at mach 7 hit those ruts on the ski trail and was DEJECTED from the bike. I'm OK but the bike hit a tree sideways and broke the upper linkage> This is where my problem lies. I've been unable to find these parts through regular channels. I love this bike and can not afford a new frame!!I know some one has them on another broken mk3. PLEASE HELP!!! The bike is from 2005 but I'm told other years will work.THANKS!!!

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Hola Jay! try the Iron Horse forum over on mtbr. There are a few guys selling/parting out their MkIII's now that the company has shat the bed.

-ska todd

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Hello and thanks for reading this . I've been riding with all of you for about ten years now but this my first post. Some of you may know me as crazy Jay or the hawaiian shirt guy or just Jay. Last year at diablo I took my nephew for his first dh ride ,I gave him my demo 8 to ride for the day and I rode my mk3 . While showing off at bridge to nowhere, I took a few to many pedal strokes and just about flat bottomed. while I did land it,I was shot out of the woods at mach 7 hit those ruts on the ski trail and was DEJECTED from the bike. I'm OK but the bike hit a tree sideways and broke the upper linkage> This is where my problem lies. I've been unable to find these parts through regular channels. I love this bike and can not afford a new frame!!I know some one has them on another broken mk3. PLEASE HELP!!! The bike is from 2005 but I'm told other years will work.THANKS!!!
There's a guy who was part of the whole Iron Horse/World Wide Cycles debacle that occurred who helped me built up my MkIII and my 7point with tons of parts. He mentioned to me that if I needed anything he might have what I was looking for for the next few months. I'll PM you his name and login name on MTBR.

SinicalJ

Chimp
Jul 8, 2009
ska todd 'I tried mtbr last night but saw nothing to help. thanks just the same! I'll keep looking.also thanks to prettym1k3